One of my volunteers signed up for a shift from 1-3pm, but they only stayed until 2:30pm. Their profile shows they received credit for 2 hours, but I want to adjust it to reflect the actual 1.5 hours that they served. How can I do that?
Volunteers are automatically credited with the default hours assigned to the event (whether it is a Normal, Custom, or Time Slot Event) as soon as they register for the event, regardless of whether or not they sign in. So if a volunteer does not sign in, and they just work the number of hours they are scheduled for, you don't need to take any action to credit them for their hours.
If they sign in and out, the system will record exactly how long they were there.
In the case that a volunteer leaves early or stays late for a shift, but does not sign-in and out as described above, you can manually modify the hours that a volunteer has served.
Follow the steps below to adjust volunteer hours for an event:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on the "Search / Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event / Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event for which you would like to adjust hours for the volunteer and click the "Register Volunteers/Groups" button to the left of the event name.
- [For a Time Slot Event] Verify that the date range for the "Display slots available between these dates" field at the top of the page includes the date of the shift that the volunteer served that you need to correct.
- Locate the volunteer whose hours you would like to adjust, and click the calendar icon to the left of his/her name.
- Enter the total number of hours that the volunteer should receive for the event.
- Click "Adjust Hours".
If a volunteer registers for an event, but does not show up to serve, you will want to mark them as a "No show" for that event to prevent them from receiving credit for the event. For details on how to do this, please reference the knowledge base article HERE.