Opportunity Stickers are custom icons that provide a new visual communication tool that gives you another form of engagement for your volunteers. Stickers make it easy to identify and filter opportunities that match your volunteers' interests and qualifications. Volunteers are able to quickly and easily identify opportunities that fit their abilities, schedules, and interests based on the Stickers you have applied.
Stickers use the existing framework of Opportunity Tags in your system, but they expand their usability to the volunteer side, instead of remaining just an Administrative tool. For every Opportunity Tag, you have the ability to add a customized Sticker by selecting from a wide range of icons. You'll then have the choice to share these Stickers publicly or keep them private and viewable only on the back end. To use Stickers, you’ll need to have Opportunity Tags in place first, and you can learn more about using Tags in your system HERE.
Stickers that are enabled for public display instantly enhance the volunteer experience by relaying helpful and needed info at a glance. The associated icon for each applied Sticker can be seen on the opportunity's card (as seen below). These icons can quickly identify needed information, and, if enabled, they can be clicked on to filter and display other opportunities with the same applied Sticker.
To create and publish a Sticker using an existing Tag, follow the steps below:
- Click Search / Manage Existing Opportunities under the “Opportunity Management” heading.
- Click the View Tag Cloud icon () at the top left of the page.
- Next to the Opportunity Tag which you would like to use as a Sticker, click the Apply Tag Sticker icon ().
- Input a Sticker Display Name.
- Select a Sticker Icon.
Select a Sticker Status from these options:
- Enabled - Public Display - Publicly displays Sticker to volunteers, but does not make the Sticker searchable.
- Enabled - Admin Only - Sticker is only displayed on the backend to higher Access Levels.
- Enabled - Public Display & Search - Publicly displays Sticker to volunteers, and also makes the Sticker searchable to display other opportunities with the same applied Sticker.
- Disabled -Removes the applied Sticker from being displayed.
- Click the Apply Sticker button at the bottom of the page.
All enabled Stickers will then be displayed in your Tag Cloud under the Opportunity Tags section indicated with the chosen icon next to the assigned Tag.
Please note that for any newly made Tags or any Tags already existing in your system, Stickers are never automatically applied. Tags as a default are not publicly seen until/unless you apply a Sticker Status to the Tag that would publicly display it.
For any additional questions, or for requests for custom Sticker icons, our Customer Support Team is always here to help. You can contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the “Need Help” button found at the bottom of the page when you are logged in to your console.