The Sign-in Console can be accessed from the Main Dashboard by any user with greater than volunteer access to the system.
To enable the Sign-in Console, follow the instructions below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account using the Admin Login page.
- Click on Sign-in Console / Kiosk under the “Opportunity Management” heading on the Main Dashboard.
Choose from the options listed below to determine how you would like the Sign-in Console to function.
- Interest Category Filter:, Select to show all open opportunities or filter to only the Events/Projects that are associated with a particular Interest Category (a common practice for organizations with multiple locations.) Note that if you select a parent category that all of the subcategories will be included as well, but if you choose a subcategory, only that one will be included.
- Sign-in Console Location, Name Tag Label Printer Options, Nametag Label Type: These options are only visible if you set up a printer for use with your console, and would allow you to select the printer location, printer options, and nametag label type to use. For details on connecting a printer, see the Knowledge Base Article linked HERE.
- When Adding a New Volunteer via Walk-in Registration: If you have Walk-in Registration enabled in your system, you can choose to use the full volunteer profile or the QuickReg form when volunteers are creating a profile. Enabling Walk-in Registration in your System Configuration will allow volunteers who have not previously registered for an event, or potentially even created a profile, to register day-of using the Sign-in Console.
- Lastly, choose to open the console in Sign-in Mode or Administration Mode. We recommend only using Administration Mode if you are personally signing people in because you will remain logged in and can access the Main Dashboard. Whereas Sign-in Mode only allows the volunteers to see volunteer names and email address previews when searching for their profile and it can be left open all day without timing out.
- To close the Sign-in Console, type “Close” or “Exit” into the search bar and select Close Sign-in Console when it appears in the drop down. For more details on this process, please reference the Knowledge Base Article linked HERE.
For an overview of the Sign-in Console, reference the Knowledge Base Article linked HERE.