Requiring verification of your volunteers’ information ensures that your data within CERVIS remains current. After completing this bulk update, the next time each volunteer signs in to their profile or registers for an event, they will first come to a screen displaying all of the information you have on record, and asking them to verify that it is correct. If their information has changed, they can update it and proceed with event registration or logging in. Additionally, if you have added any required fields since they created their profile, the volunteer must answer the required questions while verifying their data. Finally, If you are using the Terms and Conditions and it has been more than a year since the volunteer last signed the terms or you have since changed the terms since the volunteer last signed them, they will be required to sign them again.
Once a volunteer has verified their data, they will not be asked to re-verify their data until this option is selected again by a user with Administrator, Leadership Team or Group Leader access. For many organizations, this feature is used once a year to ensure that they always have the current contact info and data on their volunteers.
Follow these steps to require volunteer information verification:
- From the CERVIS Main Dashboard, click on the Search / Manage Volunteer Database link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the page.
- Leaving the search field blank, click the Search Volunteer Database button to search for your entire database.
- Click the checkbox in the heading to select all of the volunteers in your database.
- Choose Update Selected Volunteer Profiles from the "Volunteer Management Bulk Options" dropdown. And click the associated button next to the dropdown.
- Mark the checkbox next to the Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information at the bottom of the page.
- Click the Select Item(s) to Bulk Update button.
- Select ‘Yes’ from the drop down next to “Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information” and click Update Volunteer Information.
- A warning message will appear on your screen reading: “Are you absolutely certain that you want to change the information listed below for each of the ### Volunteers selected? Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information: Yes”. You have the option to select Yes, Proceed with Bulk Update or No, Cancel & Return.