When creating a Group in CERVIS, you must assign a Primary Group Contact and can optionally assign an Alternate Group Contact. These individuals should be your main contact(s) with the Group. These users can have any access level in the system, but they will have different management options based on their access level.
If the user has Volunteer or Event Leader access to the system and is listed as the contact for a Group, they will essentially act as the point of contact for their Group. This will also give them the ability to see their group members’ registrations and register them for events. For information on how they can see which events their group members are registered for, please see the article linked HERE.
On the other hand, if the Group Contact has Group Leader access, they will have more access to the system and their volunteers. This will allow them to log into the admin side of CERVIS and have special access to the volunteers in their Group. The Group Contact can view and edit their members’ profiles, manage their registrations, run reports, and send them emails through CERVIS.
If you want to change the access level of a current Group Contact, click HERE for instructions.
To assign or change the user that is listed as the Primary or Alternate Group Contact for a group that is already in your system, follow the steps below.
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Group Management" link under the "Attribute Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Select the check box to the left of the group you would like to update.
- Click the "Update Group" button.
- In the top section of the screen, start typing the volunteer's name in the "Name Lookup" field next to either the Primary or Alternate Group Contact field. Select the volunteer's name when it appears in the list.
- Click the "Update Group" button to save the new group contact.