The “Insert/Edit Image” () option is available in multiple places throughout your CERVIS console. In order to insert an image using this option, the image file must first be uploaded somewhere on the internet (e.g. your website, Google Photos, Flickr, etc.) or in your CERVIS console.
To upload a photo to CERVIS File Management follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “File Management” under the “System Management” heading on the Main Dashboard.
- Click “Choose File” to select the image from your computer that you would like to upload.
- Click “Upload New System File Attachment” to upload the image to the File Management Dashboard.
Once the file is uploaded, use one of the options below to insert the image anywhere you see the image icon ():
Option 1 - Source: to use this option, paste the direct link to wherever your image is hosted online. If it is hosted in the File Management section of CERVIS, you will find the link by clicking on the link icon () next to the uploaded file.
Please note that if the file is from an external source, you will need to use the link to the raw image file (the process to find this will be different for each hosting provider) and not the link to the page to view the image.
Option 2 - Image List: to use this option, simply select the image that you would like to insert from the list of images that are uploaded to your CERVIS console.
After inserting the image, you can edit the image in two different ways:
- Image Description: you can add a description that will be used by screen readers for the visually impaired and in place of the image if it can't be displayed for any reason.
- Dimensions: the system will auto-size the image to best fit in the space available (based on width), but if you would like to make it smaller, you can adjust the dimensions (in pixels).
- The lock icon means that the image proportions are constrained so that if you change either the width or height, the other will automatically update to retain the same proportions. You can click on this icon to allow you to control each individually, but that is not recommended in most cases.