Time Slot Events are useful for a variety of volunteer opportunities. These span from one-day events with multiple different shifts at the same time, to daily opportunities that occur multiple times per day. Since events like this can easily have hundreds of available slots, CERVIS has a feature that allows you to repeat time slots on a recurring schedule to help with the creation of events with a lot of shifts.
Follow the steps below to create an event with repeating time slots:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on Add New Opportunity under the “Opportunity Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- For Opportunity Type select Time Slot.
- Enter the number of base Time Slots you want to create and click Add Slots.
- For example, if you have a shift from 10am-12pm and another from 2pm-4pm available every weekday, you will enter “2” to create one slot for each of those shifts initially. These will essentially behave as templates and you will repeat these base shifts later in the event creation process.
- Enter the Slot Date, Start and End Times, number of volunteers Needed, Status, number of credit Hours the shift is worth, and optionally a Note or Role that you would like displayed with each slot.
- Complete all of the remaining event information and click Create Opportunity.
- A green box will appear that says, “Your opportunity has been successfully added! CLICK HERE to manage your new opportunity or add a new opportunity below.” Click the link to go to the Opportunity Management Menu.
- Select the Manage Time Slots option.
- Click on the Repeat Time Slot icon() next to the slot number of the first slot that you need to repeat. In the pop-up menu, select the days of the week, the frequency, and the date range over which you would like the slot repeated.
- In the example from above, you would select the Repeat Time Slot icon for the 10am - 12pm slot. In the pop-up box next to “Repeat On”, check “M, Tu, W, Th, F”; leave the “Repeat” field as “Weekly”; and set the start and end date for the event to be the date of the next shift and the last date you want the shift to occur.
- Click Create Repeating Schedule and when the pop-up appears to confirm that you wish to have the slot repeated, select “OK”.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for each base/template slot that you created.
- Click the Update Time Slot Information button to save your changes.