You can enable any Normal or Time Slot Event to send a reminder email or SMS message (if you have SMS enabled in your system*) a certain number of days or weeks before the event takes place. When you are creating or editing an event, you will see the fields Send Automatic Reminder E-mail and Send Automatic Reminder SMS. You can choose to have the reminder email or SMS message sent 1-7 days before the event or 2, 3, or 4 weeks prior to the event.
Additionally, you can choose to enable the field Send Additional Automatic Reminder E-mail. The timeframe options for this second reminder are the same, choosing from 1-7 days before the event or 2, 3, or 4 weeks prior to the event. Note that if you want multiple reminders to be sent, you can update this field after each reminder is sent leading up to the event.
To update an event that has already been created to send a reminder email or SMS message, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the Search / Manage Existing Opportunities link under the “Opportunity Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event for which you would like to set up a reminder message and click on the Update/Edit Opportunity () button.
- Locate the field to Send Automatic Reminder E-mail and/or Send Automatic Reminder SMS and select the number of days or weeks in advance of the event that you would like for the reminder message to be sent.
- Optionally, you can choose to add an additional reminder to be sent after the first by enabling the field Send Additional Automatic Reminder E-mail.
- Click Update Opportunity at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Note that the reminder email includes the event name, description, location, date, time, event organizer contact information, and any information you include in the "Additional Information for Confirmation/Reminder E-mail Message" field. The email will also include an introduction paragraph that you can edit in your “System Configuration” under the E-mail Message Content section.
*For information about how to enable SMS / text messaging in your console, please refer to the knowledge base article linked HERE.