You can enable any Event to send a reminder email or SMS message (if you have SMS enabled in your system*) a certain number of days or weeks before the event takes place. When you are creating an event, you will see fields called “Send Automatic Reminder E-mail” and “Send Automatic Reminder SMS”. You can choose to have the reminder email or SMS message sent 1-7 days before the event or 2, 3, or 4 weeks prior to the event. Note that if you want multiple reminders to be sent, you can update the event after each reminder is sent leading up to the event.
To update an event that you already created to send a reminder email or SMS message, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event/Project Management" heading on the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the Event for which you would like to set up a reminder message and click on the “Update/Edit Event” () button.
- Locate the field to “Send Automatic Reminder E-mail” and/or “Send Automatic Reminder SMS” and select the number of days or weeks in advance of the event that you would like for the reminder message to be sent.
- Click “Update Event / Project” at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
Note that the reminder email includes the event name, description, location, date, time, event organizer contact information, and any information you include in the "Additional Information for Confirmation/Reminder E-mail Message" field. The email will also include an introduction paragraph that you can edit in your System Configuration under the “E-mail Message Content” section.
*For information about how to enable SMS / text messaging in your console, please refer to the knowledge base article linked HERE.