I would like to set up on-demand nametag label printing in my account so that nametags will automatically print out when a volunteer signs in. What do I need to do?
What you will need:
- A CERVIS Enterprise or Premier Edition Account
- A compatible Dymo LabelWriter 450 or 550 Series printer
- Dymo Connect Software version 1.4.3 or higher
- A computer or laptop (Windows or Apple) with a USB port and Internet Explorer or Safari installed
- Dymo (or compatible) 2 1/4 inch x 4 inch nametag labels
The first thing that you will want to do is purchase a Dymo LabelWriter series printer and install it as per the manufacturer's directions. (Dymo Connect Web Service must be installed during setup: https://support.cervistech.com/hc/en-us/articles/213872706) You can print labels from CERVIS to your Dymo printer from any computer, laptop, tablet or mobile device, but the printer itself MUST BE installed/attached to a Windows or Mac computer/laptop. If you have 10 iPads that you use for sign-in consoles, all of those can print to the same Dymo printer, but again, the printer MUST BE installed/attached to a Windows or Mac computer/laptop. The computer/laptop where the printer is attached will be referred to as the "print server". You DO NOT need to install the Dymo label software on every computer/tablet/mobile device where you want to print labels from, only the print server where the printer is physically installed.
Once you have your Dymo printer installed as per the manufactures directions, you will want to enable on-demand nametag printing in your CERVIS account by following these steps:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on the Edit System Configuration link under the "System Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Scroll down to the Sign-in Console / Kiosk Options section of the System Configuration and expand the section.
- Locate the Print 'On-Demand' Nametags from Sign-in Console field and change the value to "Yes".
- If you will have multiple nametag printers at different locations (for example one in your office, one in your warehouse, and one at the front desk), please do this extra step below. If you only have one location, you may skip this step and move on to the next step.
- Locate and update the Sign-in Console Locations field to include a comma separated list of locations. For example: Office, Warehouse, Front Desk
- Click on the Update Configuration button to save your changes to the System Configuration.
Now that you have installed your printer and enabled on-demand printing in CERVIS, you are ready to start printing nametags. On the computer that is acting as your print server, open up a web browser and login to CERVIS. Internet Explorer or Safari are the recommend web browsers, but others may work as well. Once you are logged into CERVIS, you will want to open up the Sign-in Console by clicking on the Sign-in Console / Kiosk link under the "Opportunity Management" section of the Main Dashboard. When you do this, you will see a popup screen with several options.
- Sign-in Console Location: This field will contain the locations that you configured in step #5 above. Select the desired location for the printer you are setting up.
- Nametag Label Printer Options: The options for this field are "Don't Print Labels From This System", "Print Labels to Remote Printer", and "Print Labels to Attached Printer". Since you are setting up the printer for your print server at this time, select "Print Labels to Attached Printer".
- Nametag Label Type: Select the information that you want printed on the nametag label.
When you have set these options as desired, click the Sign-in Mode button if you are planning on leaving this console unattended for volunteers to check in with, or the Administration Mode button if you are just testing the system or if you are performing other administrative duties. After clicking the button, you may be prompted to install a plug-in or ActiveX control. This should only happen the first time and you will need to allow/accept this in order for the system to function properly.
That is all you need to do to begin using the on-demand nametag printing functionality. If you have additional computers, tablets, or mobile devices that you want to use, you will just need to follow the same steps above, except that you will choose Print Labels to Remote Printer for all consoles not physically attached to the Dymo label printer. You DO NOT need to install the Dymo label software on every computer/tablet/mobile device where you want to print labels from, only the print server where the printer is physically installed.