CERVIS enables you to offer "Paid" event types so volunteers or participants must pay using a credit card prior to completing their event registration. To enable "Paid" event types in your account, please contact CERVIS Customer Support.*
Once "Paid" event types have been enabled for your account, you must set-up and configure your PayPal or Authorize.net account as well as your CERVIS account so they will communicate the correct payment and registration information to each other. Please follow the steps below for whichever payment method (PayPal or Authorize.net) you have chosen.
- Sign up for a free PayPal Website Payments Standard Account by clicking HERE.
- Set up your PayPal Website Payments Standard Account to work with CERVIS by configuring the Instant Payment Notification (IPN). Instructions and screenshots are located HERE.
- When asked to enter the Notification URL, enter: https://www.cervistech.com/acts/payment/paypal_verify.php
- Login to CERVIS and select “Edit System Configuration” under the System Management heading. Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the “Payment Options” heading, enter your PayPal Website Payments Standard E-mail (this is the email address that you created your PayPal account with) then click the "Update Configuration" button to save the changes.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure that your Authorize.net account is not configured in "Test Mode" when testing CERVIS integration with Authorize.net. Authorize.net "Test Mode" transactions do not generate the required API notification messages required by CERVIS to verify payment details.
- Login to your Authorize.net Account.
- Select the Home Tab at the top of the screen.
- Click the "Settings" link under the "Account" section of the Home screen.
- Click the "Transaction Details API" link under the "Security Settings" section of the Settings screen.
- Enter your Authorize.net account secret question answer and Click the "Enable Transaction Details API" button. This will enable the Transaction Details API for your account and then automatically return you to the Settings screen.
- Click the "Response/Receipt URLs" link under the "Transaction Format Settings" section of the Settings screen.
- Click the "Add URL" link.
- Enter https://www.cervistech.com/acts/payment/authorize_verify.php as the URL and click the "Submit" button.
- Login to CERVIS and select “Edit System Configuration” under the System Management heading. Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the “Payment Options” heading, enter your Authorize.net API Login ID and Transaction Key then click the "Update Configuration" button to save the changes.
If you have any questions or need assistance setting up your paid events, please submit a Support Request or CLICK HERE to reference the support knowledge base article for instructions on how to do so..
*There is a one-time set-up fee to enable Paid Events for your account