CERVIS enables you to offer "Paid" event types so volunteers or participants must pay using a credit card prior to completing their event registration. To enable Paid event types in your account, please contact CERVIS Customer Support.*
Once Paid event types have been enabled for your account, you must set-up and configure your PayPal Business account as well as your CERVIS account so they will communicate the correct payment and registration information to each other. Please follow the steps below to set up your PayPal Business account.
- Sign up for a PayPal Business Account by clicking HERE.
- Set up your PayPal Business Account to work with CERVIS by configuring the Instant Payment Notification (IPN).
- Log in to your PayPal business account at www.paypal.com/us/signin
Click the settings icon at the top of your PayPal account page and then click Account Settings.
On the Notifications page, click the Update link for the Instant payment notifications item.
- Click Choose IPN Settings to specify your listener's URL and activate the listener. The following page opens:
Specify the following URL for your listener in the Notification URL field: https://www.cervistech.com/acts/payment/paypal_verify.php
Click Receive IPN messages (Enabled) to enable your listener.
- Click Save.
- Login to CERVIS and select “Edit System Configuration” under the System Management heading.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the “Payment Options” heading, enter your PayPal Business Account E-mail (this is the email address that you created your PayPal account with.)
- Click the "Update Configuration" button to save the changes.
- Sign in to your CERVIS account as an Administrator
- Click on the "Edit System Configuration" option under the "System Management" Section of the Main Dashboard
- Scroll down and expand the "Payment Gateway" section of the system configuration
- Enter your PayPal Business Account E-mail address into the "PayPal Business Account E-mail" field
- Click the Update Configuration button
If you have any questions or need assistance setting up your paid events, please submit a Support Request or CLICK HERE to reference the knowledge base article for instructions on how to do so.
*There is a one-time set-up fee to enable Paid Events for your account