Is it possible for a volunteer to request a password reset without the help of an administrator?
To have the volunteer perform a password reset, follow the steps below:
- Direct the volunteer to the page where they are able to attempt to sign-in to your CERVIS console and have them click on the "Don't Know Password / Reset Password" link, just beneath the "Sign in with E-mail" button.
- Have the volunteer enter their email address and first name (as listed in their CERVIS account) in the appropriate fields.
- Have the volunteer click on the "Email Me My Password" button. The system will then generate a new random password for the volunteer's account and send it to them via email.
- If the volunteer does not receive the temporary password within five minutes, they should check the junk/spam settings for their email to ensure that all messages from your organizational email address are allowed and try again.
- When they do receive the temporary password email, they should attempt to login to the system again using the new temporary password by copying it directly from the email and pasting it into the password field.
- Once the login is complete, the system will require that they establish a new permanent password based on the password complexity requirements established in your System Configuration.
- After a permanent password is established, the volunteer will have access to their CERVIS account.