We are having a volunteer appreciation event for a select group of our volunteers. We would like to have volunteers RSVP for the event in CERVIS, but we do not want the event to be displayed on the normal event listing. We want to ensure that volunteers who have not been invited will not be able to see the event. Is there a way to do this?
To accomplish this, you will need to use the private opportunity functionality built into CERVIS. With the private opportunity functionality, you will be able to create a hidden opportunity and then send an email message to the desired volunteers with a special registration code and instructions on how to complete their registration for the private opportunity.
The first thing that will need to be done is to create an opportunity in CERVIS. If you have already created the opportunity, make sure you reference steps 4 and 5 below and then skip to the next section. Otherwise, follow the steps below to create a new opportunity:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Add New Opportunity" link under the "Opportunity Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Fill out the information for the opportunity just as you would for any opportunity.
- Make sure the "Publish Online" field is set to "No".
- Make sure the "Opportunity Status" field is set to "Open".
- Click the "Create Opportunity" button to add the opportunity.
- When the opportunity has been created successfully, click the "Main Dashboard" button.
After creating the opportunity, you will need to send the private invitation out to select volunteers. Follow these steps:
- Click on the "Search/Manage Existing Opportunities" link under the "Opportunity Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the opportunity in question in the list of opportunities in the bottom section of the page and click on the “Manage Opportunity” button ().
- Click on the "Send Private Registration Code Invitation E-mail" link. This will display a template email with the private registration code and registration instructions to send to your volunteers.
- Use the "Address Lookup" field to specify the desired invitation recipients.
- Click the "Send E-mail" button to send the invitation via email.
If you need to send the email invitation to a large number of volunteers, or to a set of volunteers that meet specific criteria, copy the content of the message and then CLICK HERE and follow the instructions in the article.