A volunteer has reported that they are attempting to cancel an event registration, but the checkbox next to the event is not available and they are receiving a message that says "Not Available for Selection".
The canceling of an event registration by a volunteer can be prevented with the "Not Available for Selection" message for several reasons:
- The value of the "Show on Web Registration Page" field is set to "Yes - Closed". Once the event organizer has set this value for the event, no volunteers are allowed to register for or cancel their registration for the event.
- The event has automatically closed for event registration and cancellation because of the "Automatically Close Event Registration" field value.
- The volunteer is trying to cancel the event registration for another member of their profile that does not share the same email address and is not the same person who registered for the event. This feature is in place as a method to ensure that only authorized individuals are able to cancel event registrations for members of their profiles.
- If the "Show on Web Registration Page" field for the event is set to "Sign-in Console Only" the event will only be accessible to volunteers from the Sign-in Console.
- For organizations that have paid events enabled for their account, paid events cannot be canceled by the volunteer. Once payment has been completed for the event, a manual event cancellation is the only method to refund a volunteer's payment for the event.
A CERVIS user with the "Administrator", "Leadership Team", "Group Leader", or "Event Leader" access level will be able to cancel the registration on behalf of the volunteer.