We would like to display a short informational message to our volunteers whenever they login to their account to remind them about an upcoming event. How can we do this with CERVIS?
To display a pop-up system message to your volunteers and/or organization staff when they login to CERVIS, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the Edit System Configuration link under the "System Management'' section of the Main Dashboard. Please note, this option will only be available to CERVIS users with the Administrator access level.
- Scroll down to and expand the Page Content section.
- Update the Display System Information Message field to one of the below values:
- Yes - All Logins: Will display the system message to all volunteers and organization staff when they login to CERVIS. (Organization staff includes any person with higher than volunteer access)
- Yes - Normal Login Only: Will display the system message only to volunteers when they login to CERVIS but not to organization staff.
- Yes - Privileged Login Only: Will display the system message only to organization staff when they login to CERVIS but not to volunteers.
A sample system information message can be seen below:
Here are a few of the many ways you can utilize this feature:
- Highlighting special service opportunities or your most need-to-fill positions
- Alerting volunteers of upcoming holidays, weather impacts, or changes
- Reminding staff of new policies and systems
- Celebrating a standout volunteer or just a simple word of thanks and appreciation to all your volunteers