We have an event that is scheduled for 2 hours and several volunteers have already registered. When I run a report to view volunteer service hours, the total is showing up as 0. How can I fix this?
In order for the system to calculate the number of service hours for an event or for a volunteer, the "Service Credit Hours" field for the event must be set to the correct value. The system does not calculate the number of service hours based on the start and end time and must be manually set, because the start and end date do not always accurately reflect the number of service credit hours the event is worth. For example, if an event is scheduled from 7am to 11am but the first hour is scheduled for the volunteers to eat breakfast, you may want to count only 3 hours for service credit, instead of the entire duration of the event.
To set the service credit hours for an event:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event/Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event in question in the list of events in the bottom section of the page and click the "Update Event Information" icon () to the left of the event name.
- Locate the "Service Credit Hours" field and set the value to the desired number of service credit hours. This number should be the number of hours credited to a single volunteer who registers for the event. The system will calculate the total hours for the event by multiplying the number of volunteers registered for the event by the specified service credit hours.
- Click the "Update Event Details" button to save the changes to the event.
Please note: In a Time Slot event, you will update the number of Service Credit Hours for each Time Slot, not for the event as a whole. You can choose to bulk update the Time Slots to contain the same number of Service Credit Hours. This option is found in the Bulk Update Options section directly below the Time Slots you are creating in the Time Slot Management menu for that event.