What options are available after I complete a search of my volunteer database and a listing of matching volunteers has been displayed?
When a volunteer search has been completed, below are a list of available options:
Individual Quick Actions: Allow you quick access to common features for individuals and are represented by the icons in the "Actions" column.
- Manage Volunteer: Click on the blue (), green (), yellow (), or red () person icon to access management options for the respective volunteer record or mouseover the icon to view the volunteer's profile photo (if available).
- View Profile Details: Click on the “eye” icon () to display a snapshot view of the entire volunteer record.
- Update / Edit Profile: Click on the person with pencil icon () to navigate directly into the Update Volunteer Information page of the volunteer profile.
- Register for an Event: Click on the calendar icon () to display event registration options for the respective volunteer.
- Manage Checklist: Click on the checklist item icon () to view/edit the checklist for the respective volunteer.
- Send Email Message: Click on the email icon () to send the respective volunteer an email. (Note: if the icon is red () it means that either they have unsubscribed or their email was previously returned as undeliverable. You will not be able to send this volunteer an email from this page.)
- Log Service Project Activity: Click on the stopwatch icon ( or ) to add hours to the Service Projects for which the volunteer is approved. (Note: this is only visible if the volunteer is registered for a Service Project.)
- View/Update File Attachments: Click on the paper clip icon () to view files attached to the respective volunteer's profile. (Note: this is only visible if there are attachments already associated with the volunteer's profile.)
Actions for Multiple (or all) Search Results:
- You can select all rows on all pages of the returned search results by placing a checkmark in the "Select All" checkbox in the header row of the returned results which is located just to the left of the "Actions" column.
- You can select individual rows by placing a checkmark in the checkbox on the left side of each row. Checked boxes are retained while switching between different pages of the returned search results.
- You may also use the "Select All" checkbox to select the entire returned search result and then deselect rows as desired. Checked boxes are retained while switching between different pages of the returned search results.
Below are the available options for selecting rows of the returned search results.
- Send E-mail: Click the "Send E-mail" button to send an email to all selected volunteers.
- Print Mailing Address Labels: Click the "Address Labels" button to print mailing address labels for the selected volunteers.
- Print Name Tags: Click the "Name Tags" button to print name tags for the selected volunteers.
- Create PDF File: Click the "PDF" button to create a .pdf document with volunteer details for the selected volunteers.
- Create a Spreadsheet: Click the "Spreadsheet" button to create a comma separated value (.csv) file to either edit and save or to export data from the system for the selected volunteers.
- Update Multiple Volunteer Records: Click the "Bulk Update" button to specify the data you would like to update that is common for all the selected volunteer profiles.
- Register Multiple Volunteers for an Event: Click the "Bulk Register" button to register the selection of volunteers for a common event.
The options listed below are found when you click on “Display Additional Options” on the bottom of the page.
- Download Volunteer Photos: Click the "Download Profile Photos" button to download a zip file with all of the volunteer photos in your system with the volunteer’s name as the name of the file.
- Send an SMS / Text Message: Click the “Send SMS / Text Message” button to send a text message to the selected volunteers. (Note: this option is only available if you have SMS messaging enabled in your system.)
- Merge Duplicate Profiles: Click the “Merge Profiles” button to merge two duplicate profiles into one.
- Print Name Tags with Photos: Click the "Photo Name Tags" button to print name tags that include volunteer photos for the selected volunteers.
- Download Volunteer Information in Import Format: Click the “CSV (Import Format)” button to download a spreadsheet (.csv file) of volunteer profile information for the selected volunteers that is already in import format. You can use this to update volunteer information using the CERVIS import tool. For more details on importing information, see the knowledge base article linked HERE.
- View File Attachments on Volunteers’ Profiles: Click the “Show File Attachments” button to view the files that are on volunteer profiles in the File Management Dashboard.