I am going to be duplicating Time Slot Events for January-December of next year. Is there a way to "bulk" update the new year instead of updating each day of the month with the new year?
To duplicate and update a Time Slot Event for next year, follow the steps below:
- Login into your CERVIS Account.
- Click on Search/Manage Existing Opportunities under the "Opportunity Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Search for the previous year's event that you are looking to duplicate and click on the Manage Opportunity icon () to the left of the opportunity name.
- Note: If you do not see the event that you are trying to duplicate, click on the radio button next to Show Closed Opportunities under “Advanced Options” or search for the event by name.
- Select the Duplicate Opportunity in CERVIS option located near the bottom of the page. This will duplicate the event and take you back to the “Opportunity Management Dashboard”.
- Click on the Manage Time Slots () icon next to the name of the event that you just duplicated (it will be highlighted in red and will include ‘Copy’ as part of the event name).
- Next to Display slots available between these dates near the top of the page, update the date range to include all of the slots from last year's event and click the Filter Slots button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the "Time Slot" section and select to expand the Display Bulk Update Options.
- Click the Select All Time Slots button.
- Locate the fields for ‘Update EVERY Selected Slot Date by’ and adjust the settings to read, ‘Adding 1 Year(s)’.
- Click the Bulk Update Slot Dates button just to the right.
- Click OK to confirm the update.
- NOTE: You will likely need to add or subtract a day or two to make sure your shifts are occurring on the correct day of the week, i.e., the Monday shift is still on Monday the next year. You can use the same 'Update EVERY Selected Slot Date by' option from step 9 by setting it to "Adding/Subtracting 1 Day(s)".
- Click the Update Time Slot Information button to save your changes.
- Click the Event Options Dashboard button to return to the main menu for the event.
- Click on the first option to Update Opportunity Information.
- Locate the Opportunity Name field and remove “Copy -” from the field and make any other necessary changes in the event details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Update Opportunity button to complete the update.
NOTE: The example in this article is specific for duplicating an event to be used the following year, but this can be done for any Time Slot Event in any time frame. You would follow all the same steps listed above, but just use the different 'Update EVERY Selected Slot Date by' options for your specific needs.