I am going to be duplicating Time Slot Events for January-December of next year. Is there a way to "bulk" update the new year instead of updating each day of the month with the new year?
To duplicate and update a time slot event for next year, follow the steps below:
- Login into your CERVIS Account.
- Click on "Search/Manage Existing Events" under the "Event/Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Search for and click on the “Manage Event” button () to left of the Event name for the previous year's event that you are looking to duplicate. Note: If you do not see the event that you are trying to duplicate, click on the radio button next to “Find Closed Events” under the Advanced Options heading.
- Select the "Duplicate Event in CERVIS" option near the bottom of the page. This will duplicate the event and take you back to the Event/Project Management Dashboard.
- Click on the “Manage Time Slots” () button next to the Event name for the event that you just duplicated (it will be highlighted in red).
- Next to "Display slots available between these dates" near the top of the page, update the date range to include all of the slots from last year's event and click the "Filter Slots" button.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the "Time Slot" section and select "Display Bulk Update Options".
- Click the "Select All Time Slots" button.
- In the fields for "Update EVERY Selected Slot Date by" adjust the settings to read, “Adding 1 Year(s)”.
- Click the "Bulk Update Slot Dates" button just to the right.
- Click "OK" to confirm the update.
- NOTE: If you need to match the day of the week you can add or subtract days to make sure the Monday shift is still on Monday the next year.
- Click the “Update Time Slot Information” button to save your changes.
- Click the “Event Options Dashboard” button to return to the main menu for the event.
- Click on the first option to “Update Event Information”.
- Scroll down to the Event Name field and remove “Copy -” from the field and make any other necessary changes in the Event Details.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Update Event Details" button to complete the update.
NOTE: The example in this article is specific for duplicating an event to be used the following year, but this can be done for any Time Slot Event in any time frame. You would follow all the same steps listed above, but just use the different "Update EVERY Selected Slot Date by" options for your specific needs.