You can easily add a new volunteer profile to your system from the administrative side of CERVIS. The minimum amount of information you will need to add a new volunteer is last name, first name, and primary phone. If the volunteer does not have an email address you can leave the E-mail field blank and still add the new volunteer profile. However, if the volunteer does have an email address, you should include it at this time. If you do not include the email address and the volunteer goes in at a later time to log in, CERVIS will not recognize the first account you created for them without an email address and will allow them to create a second volunteer profile.
Follow these steps to add a new volunteer:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Add New Volunteer" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Complete required fields as indicated by an asterisk (*) and as many additional fields as possible.
- To finalize the addition of the volunteer, click the “Create Volunteer Profile” button.
- Once the volunteer has been successfully added, a message in green reading “This Volunteer has been successfully added! CLICK HERE to manage this Volunteer or add a new Volunteer below.” will appear. If you would like to manage this volunteer’s account options, click the link in the green message that appears. For further instructions on managing your volunteers, CLICK HERE.
- If you try to add a volunteer who already exists in the system, a message in red reading “ERROR! This volunteer already exists in the system!” will appear at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the "Main Dashboard" button to return to the main menu.
Note: CERVIS will link family profiles automatically if the family members share an email address, or primary or alternate phone number. For more information about this, CLICK HERE.
Besides the contact information that you choose to collect for a volunteer and any custom fields you may have created, there are additional fields that are hidden from the volunteer but can be viewed and updated from the admin side of CERVIS. Anyone with Leadership Team or Administrator access (as well as Group Leaders creating and editing their group members' profiles) can view/update these fields. These fields include:
- Volunteer Background Check Complete: This field allows you to track whether or not a volunteer has had a background check and the outcome of the background check. As with all other volunteer data, this information is searchable.
- Volunteer Background Check Date: This field allows you to track the date that a background check was completed, allowing you to easily search for expired background checks for your volunteers.
- Current Liability Waiver/Medical Release on File: This tracks whether or not the volunteer has a paper liability waiver/medical release on file with your organization. The default setting is "No", but can be manually updated individually for each volunteer or for a large number of volunteers by performing a Bulk Update.
- Volunteer Status: This tracks whether a volunteer is active with your organization or has been placed on inactive status. The default setting is "Active", but can be manually updated individually for each volunteer or for a large number of volunteers by performing a Bulk Update. For more information about changing a volunteer's status to "Inactive", refer to the knowledge base article linked HERE.
- CERVIS Access Level: This allows you to give specific key volunteers and staff limited or full access to CERVIS. The default CERVIS Access Level is Volunteer, but can be manually updated for individual volunteers as needed. There are 5 CERVIS Access Levels available. The table HERE shows what data can be accessed and what actions can be taken within CERVIS by each access level. For more information about updating the access level of a volunteer who is already in the system please view the following knowledge base article HERE.
- Note: Group Leaders do not have access to edit this field.