Follow these steps to add, update, or view an Award from the Award Management menu:
For an overview of Awards in CERVIS, refer to the Award Inventory Overview article.
To ADD a new Award, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “Award Inventory Management” under the “Attribute Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- At the top of the page, fill in the “Award Name” field.
- This field can be up to 50 characters.
- Fill in the "Award Description" which will be used as an explainer of how a volunteer has earned this award.
- This field can be up to 250 characters.
- Select the "Award Badge" which you would like to have associated with this award.
- Select the "Award Assignment" options to define how the award will be earned by volunteers automatically (or if it is assigned manually by staff).
- In the first field enter a number, and in the second field select if this represents Hours, Times, or Years (Skip these two fields if you are creating a manually assigned award).
- For the last field select the period within which the award will be earned (For manually assigned awards choose "Manual" here. For years of service the system will automatically select "of Service" when you select "Years" in the previous dialog).
- Select "Enabled" for the "Award Status" when creating a new award.
- Select the “Add Award” button.
- Once the Award has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Award has been added!” will appear above the list of existing awards, and the new item will appear on the list where it belongs based on its category of period.
To VIEW the list of existing Awards, scroll to the bottom portion of the Award Management page under the “Award Inventory” heading.
To UPDATE an existing Award, choose the Award you want to modify from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Award you want to update, then select “Update Selected Award” at the bottom of the page.
- You can then make any needed changes to any of the Award fields, then select “Update Award”. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Award Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing awards.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select “Cancel Update”, and you will be taken back to the Award Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
To REMOVE one or more existing Award, choose the Award(s) you want to delete from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Award(s) you would like to remove, then select “Remove Selected Award(s)”.
There are also several searching options for awards directly within this menu. Next to each award will appear the following three icons:
In addition, you can search for volunteers with an award by selecting the checkbox next to an award and selecting "Show Volunteers with Selected Award(s)" or by using the "Advanced Volunteer Search" menu.