Follow these steps to add, update, or view Availability times from the Availability Management menu:
To ADD a new Availability time, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “Availability Inventory Management” under the “Attribute Management” heading on the Main Dashboard.
- Fill in the “Availability Code” field.
- This field can be any 4-digit number that will be used for sorting your items.
- This is for your reference as volunteers cannot see this information.
- Once the availability has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Availability has been added!” will appear above the list of existing Availabilities, and the new item will appear on the list numerically based on its Availability Code.
To VIEW the list of existing Availabilities, scroll to the bottom portion of the Availability Management page under the “Availability Inventory” heading.
To UPDATE an existing Availability, choose the item you want to update from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Availability you want to update, then select “Update Selected Availability”.
- You can then make any needed changes to any of the Availability fields, then select “Update Availability”. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Availability Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing groups.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select “Cancel Update”, and you will be taken back to the Equipment Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
To REMOVE one or more existing Availabilities, choose the item(s) you want to delete from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the item(s) you want to remove, then select “Remove Selected Availability”.
- Once selected, a warning message will appear near the top of your screen reading: “Are you absolutely certain that you want to delete the selected Availability from CERVIS? Deleting these items will completely remove them from the system and from any volunteer that is assigned to the availability. If you need to remove an availability from all Volunteers. If you just need to remove the selected Availability from a Volunteer, and not from the entire system, use the Volunteer management dashboard.” You have the option to select “Yes, Proceed with Delete” or “No, Cancel & Return”.
- If you select “Yes, Proceed with Delete”, the item(s) will be deleted, and a message in green reading “Availability Removed Successfully” will appear above the list of existing Availabilities.
- If you select “No, Cancel & Return”, it will take you back to the Availability Management screen, and the item(s) will not be deleted.
You can also SEARCH for volunteers based on Availability through this menu using the buttons located next to each item. More robust searches can be performed through the Advanced Volunteer Search, if needed. Please see below for a description of each of the search icons in this menu: