Follow these steps to add, update, or view groups:
- From CERVIS Main Dashboard, select Group Management from the Attribute Management list.
- To view the list of existing groups, simply scroll past the Group Name, Primary Group Leader and Alternate Group Leader fields.
- To add a new group, click on the ‘Add New Group’ radio button at the top of the page under Standard Options. Fill in the Group Name field (required), Primary Group Leader field (required), the Alternate Group Leader field (optional), Group Type (optional), then select Add Group,
- Once the group has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Group has been added!” will appear above the list of existing groups, and the new group will appear on the list where it belongs alphabetically based on its Group Name.
- Once selected, a warning message in red reading “Are you absolutely certain that you want to delete these groups from CERVIS? Deleting these items will completely remove them from the system and from any volunteer that is assigned to the group. If you need to remove a group from a volunteer, use the volunteer management dashboard. Groups should only be deleted from the system if they are no longer needed.” will appear at the top of your screen. You have the option to select Yes, Proceed with Delete or No, Cancel & Return.
- If you select Yes, Proceed with Delete, the item(s) will be deleted, and a message in red reading “Group(s) Removed Successfully” will appear above the list of existing Groups.
- If you select No, Cancel & Return, it will take you back to the Group Management screen, and the item(s) will not be deleted.
- You will now be able to change the Group Name field and/or the Primary and Alternate Group Leader field, as well as the Group Type.
- Make any needed changes, then select Update Group. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Group Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing groups.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select Cancel Update, and you will be taken back to the Group Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
You can also choose to search for volunteers based on groups through this menu in three different ways using the buttons located next to each item:
- Full Search: this search will show you any volunteer who has this inventory item in his/her profile.
- ONLY Search: this search will show you volunteers who only have this particular item in his/her profile.
- NULL Search: this search will show you volunteers who do NOT have this particular item in his/her profile.