Follow these steps to add, update, or view a skill:
- From CERVIS Main Dashboard, select Skill Inventory Management from the Attribute Management list.
- To view the list of existing skills, simply scroll past the Skill Code, Skill Name, and Skill Description fields.
- To add a new skill, fill in the Skill Code field (numbers only) (required), the Skill Name field (required), and the Skill Description field (optional), then select Add Skill.
- Once the skill has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Skill has been added!” will appear above the list of existing skills, and the new item will appear on the list where it belongs numerically based on its skill code.
- Once selected, a warning message in red reading “Are you absolutely certain that you want to delete these skills from CERVIS? Deleting these skills will completely remove them from the system and from any volunteer that is assigned to the skill. If you need to remove a skill from a volunteer, use the volunteer management dashboard. Skills should only be deleted from the system if they are no longer needed.” will appear in the upper left corner of your screen. You have the option to select Yes, Proceed with Delete or No, Cancel & Return.
- If you select Yes, Proceed with Delete, the item(s) will be deleted, and a message in red reading “Skill(s) Removed Successfully” will appear above the list of existing skills.
- If you select No, Cancel & Return, it will take you back to the Skills Management screen, and the item(s) will not be deleted.
- You will now be able to change the Skill Code field, Skill Name field and/or the Skill Description field.
- Make any needed changes, then select Update Skill. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Skill Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing skills.
- �If you decide not to make any changes, select Cancel Update, and you will be taken back to the Skills Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
You can also choose to search for volunteers based on availability through this menu in three different ways using the buttons located next to each item:
- Full Search: this search will show you any volunteer who has this inventory item in his/her profile.
- ONLY Search: this search will show you volunteers who only have this particular item in his/her profile.
- NULL Search: this search will show you volunteers who do NOT have this particular item in his/her profile.