Follow these steps to add, update, or view a Skill from a Skill Management menu:
To ADD a new Skill, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “Skill Inventory Management” under the “Attribute Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- At the top of the page, fill in the “Skill Code” field.
- This field can be any 4-digit number that can be used for sorting your skills if you do not want to sort them alphabetically.
- This is for your reference as volunteers cannot see this information.
- Once the skill has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Skill has been added!” will appear above the list of existing skills, and the new item will appear on the list where it belongs numerically based on its skill code.
To VIEW the list of existing skills, scroll to the bottom portion of the Skill Management page under the “Skill Inventory” heading.
To UPDATE an existing Skill, choose the Skill you want to modify from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Skill you want to update, then select “Update Selected Skill” at the bottom of the page.
- You can then make any needed changes to any of the Skill fields, then select “Update Skill”. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Skill Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing groups.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select “Cancel Update”, and you will be taken back to the Skill Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
To REMOVE one or more existing Skills, choose the Skill(s) you want to delete from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Skill(s) you would like to remove, then select “Remove Selected Skill”.