We need all of our volunteers to re-sign our paper Liability Waiver/Medical Release. Is there a way we can prompt everyone to do that?
You can certainly do this within CERVIS using the Bulk Update feature. For many organizations, this feature is used at the beginning of the new year, when the prior year’s Liability Waiver/Medical Release is no longer valid.
You can use this feature to reset everyone in your system or just those you select so that their profiles will show that they no longer have a current release on file. When a volunteer registers for an event and CERVIS shows that they do not have a current release on file, it will automatically E-mail an adult or child volunteer the proper release that you have designated in the System Configuration.
Follow these steps to reset the liability waiver/medical release status:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Volunteer Database" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- To search for all volunteers, leave the search field at the top of the page blank and click the "Search Volunteer Database" button.
- Click on the check box in the heading to select all of the volunteers.
- Click on “Bulk Update”.
- From the Bulk Update Options, choose “Liability Waiver/Medical Release On File Status” and click the “Select Item(s) to Bulk Update” button.
- Select “No” from the drop down next to “Current Liability Waiver/Medical Release on file:” and click the “Update Volunteer Information” button.
- A warning message in blue will appear on your screen reading: “Are you absolutely certain that you want to change the information listed below for each of the # Volunteers selected? Volunteer Liability Waiver/Medical Release On File Status: No”. You have the option to select Yes, Proceed with Bulk Update or No, Cancel & Return.
- If you select Yes, Proceed with Bulk Update, a message in green will appear on your screen reading: “Bulk Update Completed Successfully!”. Then select "Main Dashboard" button to return to the main menu.
- If you select No, Cancel & Return, a message in red will appear on your screen reading: “Bulk Update Canceled Successfully!” and the system will take you back to the Volunteer Management Dashboard, and the reset will not occur.