We need all of our volunteers to re-sign our paper Liability Waiver/Medical Release. Is there a way we can prompt everyone to do that?
You can reset the field that tracks returned paper liability waivers for every volunteer in your system, or for only a select group of volunteers, using the Bulk Update feature. For many organizations, this feature is used at the beginning of the new year when the prior year’s Liability Waiver/Medical Release is no longer valid.
After updating this field, the next time a volunteer registers for an event that requires the paper liability waiver, they will automatically be sent the new waiver that you have designated in the “System Configuration” included in their confirmation and reminder emails for that event.
Follow these steps to reset the liability waiver/medical release status:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the Search/Manage Volunteer Database link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- To search for all volunteers, leave the search field at the top of the page blank and click the Search Volunteer Database button. You can also perform an Advanced Search as described in the support Knowledge Base Article HERE then complete the bulk update on those search results.
- Click the check box in the heading to select all of the returned volunteers.
- Choose Update Selected Volunteer Profiles from the "Volunteer Management Bulk Options" dropdown, and click the associated button.
- From the Bulk Update Options list, choose the “Volunteer Liability Waiver/Medical Release On File Status” item.
- Click the Select Item(s) to Bulk Update button.
- Select ‘No’ from the selection list next to Current Liability Waiver/Medical Release on file field.
- Click the Update Volunteer Information button.
- Click the Yes, Proceed with Bulk Update button to complete the Bulk Update action.