Follow these steps to add, update, or view a piece of equipment:
- From CERVIS Main Dashboard, select Equipment Inventory Management from the Attribute Management list.
- To view the list of existing equipment, simply scroll past the Equipment Name fields.
- To add a new piece of equipment, fill in the Equipment Code field (required) and the Equipment Item field (required), then select Add Equipment.
- Once the piece of equipment has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Equipment Item has been added!” will appear above the list of existing equipment, and the new item will appear on the list where it belongs numerically based on its Equipment Code.
4. To remove one or more existing piece(s) of equipment, choose the item(s) you want to delete from the list by clicking on the box to the left of the Actions section of the Equipment you want to remove (a check-mark will appear once selected), then select Remove Selected Equipment.
- Once selected, a warning message in red reading “Are you absolutely certain that you want to delete these equipment items from CERVIS? Deleting these items will completely remove them from the system and from any volunteer that is assigned to the items. If you need to remove an item from a volunteer, use the volunteer management dashboard. Equipment items should only be deleted from the system if they are no longer needed.” will appear in the upper left corner of your screen. You have the option to select Yes, Proceed with Delete or No, Cancel & Return.
- If you select Yes, Proceed with Delete, the equipment will be deleted, and a message in red reading “Equipment Removed Successfully” will appear above the list of existing equipment.
- �If you select No, Cancel & Return, it will take you back to the Equipment Management screen, and the item(s) will not be deleted.
5. To update an existing piece of equipment, choose the item you want to update from the list by clicking on the box to the left of the Actions section of the Equipment you want to update (a check-mark will appear once selected), then select Update Selected Equipment.
- You will now be able to change the Equipment Item Code field and/or the Equipment Item field.
- Make any needed changes, then select Update Equipment Item. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Equipment Item Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing equipment.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select Cancel Update, and you will be taken back to the Equipment Item Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
6. Select Main Dashboard to return to the full menu.
You can also choose to search for volunteers based on equipment through this menu in three different ways using the buttons located next to each item:
- Full Search: this search will show you any volunteer who has this inventory item in his/her profile.
- ONLY Search: this search will show you volunteers who only have this particular item in his/her profile.
- NULL Search: this search will show you volunteers who do NOT have this particular item in his/her profile.