Follow these steps to add, update, or view a piece of Equipment from the Equipment Management menu:
To ADD a new piece of Equipment, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “Equipment Inventory Management” under the “Attribute Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- Fill in the "Equipment Code" field
- This field can be any 4-digit number that will be used for sorting your items if you do not want to sort them alphabetically.
- This should be a piece of Equipment that you would like to track.
- Once the piece of Equipment has been successfully added, a message in green reading “Success! Your Equipment has been added!” will appear above the list of existing Equipment, and the new item will appear on the list where it belongs numerically based on its Equipment Code.
To VIEW the list of existing Equipment, scroll to the bottom portion of the Equipment Management page under the “Equipment Inventory” heading.
To UPDATE an existing piece of Equipment, choose the item you want to update from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Equipment you want to update, then select “Update Selected Equipment” at the bottom of the page.
- You can then make any needed changes to any of the Equipment fields, then select “Update Equipment”. Once the item has been successfully modified, a message in green reading “Equipment Updated Successfully” will appear above the list of existing groups.
- If you decide not to make any changes, select “Cancel Update”, and you will be taken back to the Equipment Management screen, and the item will not be modified.
To REMOVE one or more existing piece(s) of Equipment, choose the item(s) you want to delete from the list by clicking on the check box to the left of the Equipment name for the item(s) you want to remove, then select “Remove Selected Equipment”.
- Once selected, a warning message will appear near the top of your screen reading: “Are you absolutely certain that you want to delete the selected Equipment from CERVIS? Deleting the selected Equipment will completely remove them from the system and from all Volunteers. If you just need to remove the selected Equipment from a Volunteer, and not from the entire system, use the Volunteer management dashboard.” You have the option to select “Yes, Proceed with Delete” or “No, Cancel & Return”.
- If you select “Yes, Proceed with Delete”, the equipment will be deleted, and a message in green reading “Equipment Removed Successfully!” will appear above the list of existing equipment.
- If you select “No, Cancel & Return”, it will take you back to the Equipment Management screen, and the item(s) will not be deleted.
You can also SEARCH for volunteers based on pieces of Equipment through this menu using the buttons located next to each item. More robust searches can be performed through the Advanced Volunteer Search, if needed. Please see below for a description of each of the search icons in this menu: