The System Log allows you to maintain a record of everything that was done in CERVIS and by whom. Administrators can view every action that takes place in CERVIS. Those with Leadership Team and Group Leader access can only view the actions that they performed. Additionally, the System Log gives Administrators the ability to troubleshoot user-reported errors. The number of System Log entries that CERVIS keeps is based on the amount that you use CERVIS. For organizations that have a large number of volunteers and use CERVIS often, the System Log may only keep 1-2 weeks’ worth of entries. For organizations that have a smaller number of volunteers and don't use CERVIS as often, the System Log may keep entries for a month or more.
Follow these steps to view the System Log:
- From the Main Dashboard, Click on View System Log under System Management.
- To search the System Log, type your search criteria (i.e. E-mail address, last name) and select Search System Log.
The System Log will tell you when specific ‘events’ have occurred within your organization’s account. These events include:
- When someone logs in and what type of computer and internet connection they were using.
- When there is a failed login attempt and who made the attempt.
- When a password reset is requested and what the temporary password is.
- When an E-mail is sent out. The System Log will also list who sent the E-mail out and the total number of recipients. A copy of the email and the list of recipients can also be viewed by clicking on the view email icon ( or ).
- When a new volunteer account is created and who created it.
- When a volunteer profile is updated and who updated it.
- When someone registers for an event and what event they have registered for.
- When someone unregisters for an event and what event they unregistered for.