Is there a way to have CERVIS automatically send out a birthday message to my volunteers?
Yes! In order to enable these birthday emails, you must be tracking volunteer birth dates for your account. If you have not already done so, please CLICK HERE to reference the knowledge base article on the topic.
Once you are tracking birthdays in your system and you have enabled sending these emails by following the instructions below, CERVIS will automatically send out an email on your volunteers’ birthdays. Both the subject and body of the message can be customized to include your own sentiments and can be personalized with a variable (##fname## and ##lname##) to include each individual's name. These birthday messages are sent daily at 10am in your local time zone.
To enable an automatic birthday email, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on Edit System Configuration under the "System Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate and expand the E-mail Message Content section.
- Locate the “Enable Automatic Birthday Message” field and choose Yes to enable.
- Edit the Subject and Message fields as desired.
- Click the Update Configuration button at the bottom of the section to save your changes.
Note that these emails are not logged in the “E-mail Message History” on the volunteer’s profile or in the “System Log”. Also note that the volunteer has the ability to unsubscribe from birthday emails without unsubscribing from all other communications.