When volunteers arrive at an event to sign-in, you may not have an up-to-date Terms & Conditions electronic waiver for them. You have the option of collecting signatures on your Terms & Conditions at the point when a volunteer signs-in.
You can configure your console to present volunteers with a short questionnaire when they are signing in for their shift. This questionnaire can include up to three custom questions and your Terms & Conditions. To learn more about including custom questions as a part of the sign-in process refer to the Knowledge Base article: Customizing the Sign-in Console Questionnaire.
Your Terms & Conditions must be configured before utilizing this feature, to learn more about using Terms & Conditions and setting them up, refer to the Knowledge Base article on Configuring an Electronic Waiver.
Once these have been established, you can enable the Terms & Conditions to be a part of the sign-in process for the Sign-in Console, Mobile Sign-in, or both.
To Display 'Terms & Conditions' during sign-in follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on “Edit System Configuration” under the System Management heading on the Main Dashboard.
- Click on the “Event / Project Sign-in Console Options” to expand the section.
- Locate the last option titled “Display 'Terms & Conditions' during Sign-in” and select one of the options below:
- No - With this selection the Terms & Conditions will not appear when volunteers are using the Sign-in Console or Mobile Sign-in.
- Sign-in Console Only - With this selection the Terms & Conditions will only be delivered to volunteers on the Sign-in Console.
- Mobile Sign-in Only - With this selection the Terms & Conditions will only be delivered to volunteers using the Mobile Sign-in console.
- Sign-in Console and Mobile Sign-in - With this selection the Terms & Conditions will be delivered to volunteers using either the Sign-in Console or the Mobile Sign-in console.
As a note, regardless of this setting, your Terms & Conditions will be present on your application if you have them enabled as outlined in the knowledge base article Configuring an Electronic Waiver.
In order to help add a layer of security to your Terms & Conditions in this scenario, you can enable the option to require verification of a volunteer signing in by inputting the last 4 digits of their phone number. This setting is also found in the “Event / Project Sign-in Console Options” section of the System Configuration, and simply requires that a volunteer input the matching last 4 digits of their Primary or Alternate phone number when signing in.