I have volunteers on the waitlist for an event today, but it is showing that there is a position open. Why wasn’t a volunteer automatically moved from the waitlist to fill that spot?
Volunteers will immediately get removed from the waitlist and added to the event if a spot opens up either by a volunteer cancelling their registration or if you increase the number of needed volunteers. However, the waitlist is automatically disabled once registration is closed. Meaning, it will always be disabled on the day of the event because, in general, it is not beneficial to register and notify someone that they are registered for an event with such short notice since they have likely already made other plans for the day. If you choose to close registration for this event a certain number of days early, the waitlist will be disabled starting on the day registration closes. When the waitlist is disabled, the system will not automatically move volunteers from the waitlist to the event. That said, you can always manually move a volunteer from the waitlist to the event by following the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on the "Search / Manage Existing Opportunities" link under the "Opportunity Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event in question.
- Click on the "Register Volunteers/Groups" button to the left of the event name.
- In the Name Lookup field next to "Volunteer Name" at the top of the page, begin typing in the name of the volunteer from the waitlist that you would like to register and select it when you see it.
- Click the "Register Volunteer or Group" button.
- For a Time Slot event, select the slot that you wish to register them for from the menu.
- Click the "Complete Registration" button.
Note: There must be a slot available in the event/shift for you to be able to move a volunteer from the waitlist.