CERVIS v8.3.0 - Jan 24, 2019
ADDED functionality into the system to combine and simplify volunteer portal options for events and service projects to create a more streamlined workflow for volunteers. You've always had the ability to combine the listings for events and service projects prior to logging into the system, but this update adds the ability to do the same for volunteers after they log in.
ADDED the ability to allow volunteers to use mobile sign-in from "Any Location" instead of just from an established distance from the check-in location. This will benefit organizations who utilize volunteers for outdoor projects without a specific location, such as parks, wildlife areas, or nature preserves. When enabled, volunteers will be able to sign-in from any location and the system will record the volunteer's exact GPS location for review.
ADDED new "Registration Request" option to the "Detail" field for the Event / Project Participation Report to provide an easy way to print, or view, all open event registration requests that haven't been processed.
FIXED an error where time slots that are set to automatically close prior to an event, were still be listed as "Open" under some circumstances when viewing them from the listing page calendar view.
FIXED an error where the system was not filling in event registration from the waitlist when an existing reservation for that event was deleted, freeing up available spots.
FIXED an error that would allow the export selection type field to be inadvertently activated on the volunteer management dashboard even when that option was hidden and not being displayed on the screen.
CERVIS v8.2.3 - Dec 29, 2019
ADDED the functionality to print a volunteer's profile information page to a PDF file.
ADDED options to "paste as plain text" and "remove formatting" for page text content areas when editing an event or updating pages in the system configuration. This option makes it easier to remove unintended formatting when copying from another source.
UPDATED the "Terms & Conditions Intro Text" field in the system configuration to allow up to 275 characters (up from 190).
FIXED an error where the system would view registrations assigned 0.00 hours for an event the same as a "no show" under certain scenarios.
FIXED an error that would cause a warning message to be displayed when sending out an email message notifying that the recipient list for that message included "failed" email addresses, when those "failed" addresses had already been corrected in the system.
FIXED an error with the system not assigning the top parent interest category (when selected) to a volunteer's profile when using the QuickReg application under certain conditions.
CERVIS v8.2.2 - Nov 30, 2019
ADDED new functionality for "Live Chat" support via the help widget on the admin dashboard to make it easier to get direct live help when needed. "Live Chat" will be available based on agent availability and is accessible by clicking the "Need Help?" button on the admin dashboard. At times when "Live Chat" is not available, users will still have the option to submit a ticket via our "Priority Email Support" option.
FIXED an error where the displayed number of volunteers registered for an event would not immediately update after manually registering a new volunteer for an event through the admin event registration page.
FIXED an error on the admin event registration page where the reservation codes applied to the event would not show up correctly with the applied date filter if the date was manually entered with a single digit day (i.e. 11/1/2019 vs 11/01/2019).
FIXED an error where time slots with the same date and time would not be sub-sorted correctly by the slot notes field when viewing the slots in the event management dashboard.
CERVIS v8.2.1 - Oct 9, 2019
ADDED a new help widget to the admin dashboard to make it easier to find knowledge base articles and to request help.
ADDED a confirmation popup to the enable/disable interest category icon on the interest management dashboard to prevent unintended modification because of accidental clicks.
ADDED a new feature to add a log entry into the system log each time the event sign-in console/kiosk is opened.
ADDED report totals to the "Event Registration Summary" report (available on the event management dashboard) to provide a better picture of overall registration activity.
FIXED an error where automatically hiding the slots in a time slot event would not display the slots available on the last day of the month if the current month had 30 days and the month with the available slots had 31 days.
FIXED an error where the "System Announcement Notification" would not disappear immediately after clicking the "dismiss" link.
CERVIS v8.2.0 - Sept 21, 2019
ADDED a new volunteer calendar selection view to the event listing page. Volunteers who prefer to select opportunities by date, instead of by activity, can now more easily find what is available on a specific day and sign up in a few clicks.
ADDED the ability to include attributes (groups, interests, skills, availability, etc) when adding or updating profiles via the CERVIS web services API.
FIXED an error with visibility restricted service projects not being displayed properly on the application page for some volunteers.
CERVIS v8.1.1 - Aug 17, 2019
UPDATED the purging behavior of the system log so that it will now store log entries for the last six months, instead of the previous behavior of storing only the last 5,000 entries.
UPDATED the back-end search behavior to greatly improve the search speed, when searching for volunteers based on past participation activity.
FIXED an error in the CERVIS web services API where a default volunteer start date would not be assigned if a start date was not specifically provided when creating a volunteer profile via the API.
FIXED an error that would occur under certain conditions when generating a custom volunteer spreadsheet that included the volunteer profile notes field, where the note field for each volunteer would also include the note field for each previous volunteer listed on the spreadsheet.
FIXED an error with the rich text editing plugin which would result in incomplete functionality on some mobile devices.
CERVIS v8.1.0 - July 16, 2019
ADDED integrated background check functionality. We are very excited to announce that CERVIS has partnered with with Backgrounds Online to use their background check processing service to handle all of your background check needs, while enabling you to manage the entire process from within your CERVIS console. Learn more here: https://youtu.be/zZuXPbdMnzs
ADDED the ability to store full resolution volunteer profile photos in the system, instead of just the reduced size display images.
ADDED the ability to send Powerpoint attachments via email.
UPDATED the file attachment storage limit. You now have 10GB of file attachment storage available to you instead of the previous 200MB. This should be more than enough storage to keep all of the relevant information about your volunteers, events, and your entire program in your CERVIS system.
FIXED an error in the system where time slots were being displayed by slot order instead of by slot date when adding a time slot to a reservation.
FIXED an error in the system that, under specific conditions, could prevent group leaders from being able to fully manage their groups when their group did not have any volunteers assigned to it.
CERVIS v8.0.0 - May 11, 2019
See the new features in our Spring Update Video: https://youtu.be/5WPeuvcQftE
Improved Program Oversight
Here at CERVIS, we are always looking for ways to help you better manage and utilize your volunteer data. In this update, we have included new ways to collect, view, and report on the data in your system.
- "At a Glance" Dashboard Charts - Have you ever wondered how many new volunteers you had last month compared to the previous month? Or how many hours have been served in one of your Interest Categories compared to another? You can now see a snapshot of your volunteer activity represented visually as soon as you log in to your account. The new interactive charts on your Main Dashboard allow you to see how many hours were served, the number of active volunteers, and the number of new volunteers for each month. They also show you how many hours were served in each of your top 25 Interest Categories during the previous year.
- E-mail Analytics Summary Report - As an added feature related to our new email analytics tracking, there is now a single report that will show you the analytics for all emails sent through your system within a particular date range. Instead of having to locate and view each email individually, you can now see how many views, clicks, unsubscribes, and failures were performed for multiple emails at once.
- Event Registration Summary Report - It is important to have the right number of volunteers for any given opportunity, so we have added a report that provides an easier way to track how many volunteers are registered for your events. You can download the Event Registration Summary for multiple events to see how many volunteers are registered, helping you determine if you are on track with your recruiting goals.
- Registration Cancellation Feedback - Do you ever need to know why your volunteer cancelled their registration, either for your own curiosity or for reporting purposes? It is now easier-than-ever to receive that information. When your volunteers cancel their registration, they are given the option to include a cancellation note that will be sent to the event organizer(s).
Enhanced Data Exporting
We understand that sharing information between CERVIS and your CRM database is very important to ensure proper data management for your organization. Although automatic integration is not always an option, we have given you the ability to export your data from CERVIS in a customizable format so that you can easily import it into your CRM software.
- Exporting Data to Other Systems - We offer direct integrations with some CRM software programs, but there are so many options out there that we cannot possibly integrate with them all. What we can do, however, is offer a way to pull your data from your CERVIS console in a manner that will make it easy to import into your CRM software.
- Custom Spreadsheets - You are now able to fully customize the information that is downloaded in the spreadsheet option on your Volunteer Management Dashboard. Create and save spreadsheet templates, and with just a few clicks, download the specific data needed, in your desired order, to be imported into your CRM software.
- Lifetime Hours - In addition to being able to download basic profile information about your volunteers (such as address, phone number, age, etc.), you can now also include their lifetime hours in your export. This allows you to import this information into your donor database, so you can track their volunteer hours as well as their donor and personal information.
Learn more about our enhanced data export feature here: https://youtu.be/gEuRwttGTLI
Service Project Activity Scheduling
Do you have individuals or groups that volunteer on a regular basis but are not part of a regular time slot event? Maybe you have a volunteer who covers your front desk every Monday from 8am-12pm, or you have a driver who delivers meals for you every other Tuesday afternoon. Previously, it may have been easy to forget when they were planning to come or just generally challenging to manage their volunteerism. We are excited to introduce a feature that will allow you to create a schedule for an individual or a group within a Service Project. The Service Project Schedule feature allows you to build out a schedule framework based on the dates/times a volunteer plans to serve. This will then allow you to visually see the volunteer's activity schedule and proceed to log those hours as they complete them. See this new feature in action by clicking here: https://youtu.be/Wyerx4RxdUg