I see that I can upload a file to an event, but how are my volunteers able to see that file? Do they receive it in the confirmation email?
You can upload file attachments to events, but they are not automatically visible as part of the event. Attachments are visible on the administrative side to anyone who has access to the event (i.e. Event Organizers, Leadership Team and Administrators), but you need to link the document to another place in the event to make it visible to your volunteers.
To upload a file (or multiple files) to an event, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on the "Search / Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event/Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event in question and click on the "Manage Event" () button.
- Click the link to "View/Update File Attachments" near the bottom of the page.
- Click "Choose File" to choose the document from your desktop that you would like to upload.
- Click "Upload New File Attachment" to upload the document to CERVIS.
If you want volunteers to have access to the files that you attach to your events, you will need to include a hyperlink to the file(s) in the event details. Anyone interested in the event can view the files you link in the “Event Description”. However, if you only want registered volunteers to have access to the file(s), you can place the link in the “Additional Information for Confirmation/Reminder E-mail Message” section. Note that the file must be under 1 MB in size, if it is larger than that, the system will not include the link.
To locate the hyperlink for the file attached to the event, click the “link” icon next to the file you just uploaded and copy either of the links from the pop up box, as you can see in the image below. We recommend using the SSL link as it is the more secure version.