Before being able to send an SMS message from your system, you must configure your CERVIS console to send SMS messages through a third party provider (Twilio). If you haven’t already done so, follow the instructions in the knowledge base article HERE.
Once you have SMS enabled in your system, follow the steps below to send an SMS/text message to your volunteers.
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on the "Search / Manage Volunteer Database" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Search for the volunteers to whom you would like to send an SMS message.
- Click the checkbox in the heading (next to the “Actions” column) to select all of the returned volunteers.
- Click "Display Additional Options" near the bottom of the page.
- Click "Send SMS/Text Message".
- Enter the content of your message in the "SMS Message" box.
- Click "Send SMS".
You can also set an event to send an automatic reminder SMS message a certain number of days before the event takes place in the Event Details. Please reference the knowledge base article HERE for steps on how to enable the reminder message.
Note that the system will only send out SMS messages to volunteer profiles who have the "Text Enabled" option configured for their phone number. You can search for those who either have or do not have this option enabled in the Advanced Volunteer Search.
To configure your system to be able to receive a notification when a volunteer replies to your message, reference the knowledge base article HERE.