CERVIS is set up so that you should not need to delete Events/Projects on a regular basis as there is no limit to the number of events that you can create within CERVIS. Additionally, once the end time of an event has passed, the system will automatically close (or archive) it - which means you will not automatically see it unless you search for it. Cancelling an event or creating one by mistake are the most likely reasons for deleting an event, but you should not need to do so frequently.
You can only delete an Event/Project within CERVIS if there are no registrations associated with it. If there are registrations associated with the event, you must remove them or transpose them to another event before you can delete the original. Note that when you unregister volunteers from the admin side of CERVIS they will not be automatically notified, so you will need to let them know if the event has been canceled.
Once your event has no registrations associated with it, follow the steps below to delete the event:
- Login to your CERVIS Account.
- Click on “Search / Manage Event Database” under the “Event / Project Management” section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the Event/Project that you would like to delete and click on the leftmost icon next to the Event/Project name to “Manage Event” ().
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Delete Event from CERVIS”.
- To confirm that you want to delete the event, click “Yes, Proceed with Delete” or you can cancel the action by clicking “No, Cancel and Return”.
Note: This is a permanent action. Once an event has been deleted, you cannot recover it. Due to this, only users with Administrator level access have permission to delete events.