CERVIS v7.0.0 - Sept 26, 2018
Enhanced Communication Functionality
Being able to effectively communicate with your volunteer base has always been an essential element of CERVIS. With this update to CERVIS, we're happy to introduce even more functionality into the system to further enhance your ability to keep in touch with the life-blood of your organization.
- Scheduled E-mail Delivery - You can now compose an E-mail message in the system and schedule delivery for any time during the next 30 days. Need to send an email out first thing on a Saturday morning, or late at night? We've got you covered! Just schedule your message and let us do the rest.
- E-mail Message Analytics - Have you ever wondered how many people are actually reading the messages you send, or how may volunteers click on the links you send out about available opportunities? Now you don't have to wonder! CERVIS now tracks how many people open your messages, how many people click on links, how many people unsubscribe, and how many delivery failures you have for each message.
- Improved SMS / Text Message Responses - When a volunteers replies to a text message that you send out from CERVIS, the response E-mail that you receive now includes the sender's name so that you are instantly aware of who the message is from. You can also reply to their text message simply by replying to the E-mail. After sending the initial text through CERVIS, you can now handle any additional text message interactions directly through your E-mail app.
- DKIM Signing for all E-mail Messages - It doesn't matter how urgent the need is, or how compelling your pleas for help are, if your volunteers never receive the messages that you send out. CERVIS has always been on the leading edge of E-mail deliverability, but with this update we take it a step further. CERVIS now implements Domain Keys Identified Mail (or DKIM) on all messages sent out from the system. DKIM is a technology that helps message recipients authenticate and validate the authenticity of E-mail messages sent over the internet and greatly enhances the already solid reliability of the CERVIS E-mail platform. We even support DKIM signing on custom E-mail domains, so you can benefit from this functionality regardless of how you implement E-mail within the system.
Re-designed Management Interface
The management interface has been re-designed to make it easier-than-ever for administrators to manage their volunteer program as efficiently as possible.
- Universal Search - A new universal search feature has been incorporated into the main dashboard. Using this single search box, you can now search through almost every aspect of the system. Easily find volunteers, events, groups, reservations, system settings, and even helpdesk and knowledge base information without having to leave the main dashboard.
- Simplified Menu - The admin menu has received an overhaul and is now even easier to use. You can navigate to any page from anywhere in the system and your profile information is just a click away.
- Active Notification System - The notification system in CERVIS has been revamped so you can quickly see where your attention is needed. Do you have any open follow-up actions that you need to complete? Are there any pending event requests or service project applications that need your attention? With the CERVIS 7.0 update, the system not only lets you know what you need to do, but also where to click to get it done.
- Cleaner Design - The management interface now features a more streamlined workflow, larger fonts, better spacing, and a more modern design.
Registration Source Tracking
If you advertise your volunteer opportunities using different avenues (such as E-mail or social media), or with different organizations (like affiliates or partner organizations), you will really benefit from this new feature. You can now add the "&source=source_name" tag to the links you use for different sources and the system will keep track of, and report information to you, about where your volunteers are coming from. This tracking information will help you determine the best ways to advertise your opportunities so you can receive the most bang for your buck!
New Event Management Capabilities
- Event Registration Approval - This update includes a dedicated dashboard for reviewing and approving event registration requests. If you are a heavy user of the "Registration Request" functionality, this new dashboard will be a massive time saver for you. All of your pending requests can be reviewed and approved in a few easy clicks - all from one location.
- Service Project Application Approval - If you have many different service project applications being submitted, it can sometimes be difficult to find the specific application you are looking for. You now have the ability to view service project applications on a project-by-project basis, making it simple to find and approve the applications you're looking for.
- Expanded Reservation Code Contact Person Access - With this update, the person assigned as the reservation code contact for a reservation, can now sign in to their normal volunteer profile and view all the registrations that have been completed using their assigned reservation code. You no longer have to give these individuals increased permissions in the system just so they can see who is registering with their code.
- Expanded Group Contact Person Access - In this update, the person assigned as the group contact for a group, can now sign in to their normal volunteer profile and view all the registrations that have been completed for members of their group. You no longer need to give these individuals increased permissions, they just need to have normal "Volunteer" level access to see who is registering from their group.
Upgraded System-wide Functionality
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Assorted minor functionality enhancements.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
***Please note, not all new features are available to Basic and Standard Edition customers.***