CERVIS v6.1.0 - May 12, 2018
Enhanced Privacy and Security Options
In today's internet landscape, individuals and organizations are more concerned with the privacy of personal data than ever before. Whether you are working towards compliance with the new European Union GDPR data privacy laws, or just trying to improve your processes around transparency and data privacy, CERVIS has you covered.
- Minimum Profile Age - CERVIS has always allowed you to restrict event registration to volunteers of a certain age, but volunteers of any age could still create a profile. With this new functionality, you can configure a minimum age for creating a profile under the "Security & Privacy" section of the system configuration.
- Download Profile Information - With this new feature, located under the "Security & Privacy" section of the system configuration, you can give your volunteers the ability to download the entire contents of their profile with a single click. Enabling this option will allow your volunteers to download ALL the information in their profile. This includes any notes in their profile, sensitive data fields, hidden groups, private interest categories, system log entries, and other information that they would not typically have access to.
- Anonymize Volunteer Profile Data - In certain scenarios, you may need to delete a volunteer's profile from the system, but don't want to lose the recorded activity history and hours for that volunteer. This new capability allows you to do just that. If you receive a request from a volunteer to delete their information from the system, you can use the new "Anonymize" option to completely remove all of their identifying profile information (name, email, phone, address, photo, etc), but at the same time, keep their hours in the system for reporting purposes.
Re-designed Management Interface
The management interface has been re-designed to make it easier-than-ever for administrators to manage their volunteer program as quickly, and easily, as possible.
- Cleaner Design - The management interface now features a more streamlined workflow, larger fonts, better spacing, and a more modern design.
Introducing CERVIS Checklist Management
CERVIS has always been a great solution for managing a large assortment of volunteer information. However, sometimes organizations have the need to track certain complex requirements before a volunteer can participate with their organization. To this end, we are very excited to announce CERVIS Checklist Management!
- Customize Checklist Options - When building your checklist for volunteers, you can specify items to be automatically required for new volunteers, decide whether or not volunteers are able to view their checklist progress, and determine how long they should have to complete the items. For assigned checklist items, you can track due dates, completion dates, and even expiration dates for your volunteers.
- Advanced Checklist Management - As always with CERVIS, this new checklist management functionality includes a host of related functionality. You can restrict registration for events based on checklist status, search for volunteers based on their status, and bulk update checklist items for your volunteers all at once. Get your checklist started today by looking for the "Checklist Item Inventory Management" option on the main dashboard.
New Event Registration Management Capabilities
- Event Registration Approval - CERVIS makes it as easy as possible for volunteers to find the opportunities they are interested in and get registered for those opportunities. However, sometimes you may want more control for special events that require approval prior to registration. With the new event registration approval functionality in CERVIS, the system allows volunteers to submit a registration request for events they are interested in, but not actually self-register for the event. Administrators and Event Organizers can easily review and approve pending registration requests to make sure the right volunteers, donors, and board members, are registered for their events.
- Group Self-Reservation - For organizations that rely on group participation and want groups to manage their own registration, but still need to track individual participation within those groups, this new functionality will be a favorite. The new group self-reservation feature allows a group organizer to go in and create a reservation for their group in a specific event, instead of a mass group registration like before. Once the reservation is created, the individual volunteers in the group can use a special reservation code to register themselves for the event.
- Reservation Assignment - This new update allows you to assign multiple slots to a reservation at once, instead of requiring you to add slots one at a time. This will save tons of time if you're an organization that reserves slots for months at a time.
- Event Registration Notes - In the previous CERVIS update, we included the ability for you to allow volunteers to include a registration note when registering for an event. We have now enhanced this functionality by allowing volunteers to go back in after they have already registered and add a new note to their registration. Registration notes now also work when a volunteer selects to be added to the waitlist for an event when registration is full.
- Logging Service Project Hours for Multiple Volunteers - Since service projects are typically used for unscheduled activity, most hours are manually logged at different times for different volunteers. However, sometimes you may need to record hours for multiple volunteers at the same time. The system now allows you to record service project hours for multiple volunteer at once, with just a few simple clicks.
- Mobile Sign-in - If you have mobile sign-in enabled for an event, but a volunteer has deleted their confirmation email with the mobile sign-in link, they can now just sign in to their profile on their mobile device and use mobile sign-in from there.
Expanded Report Management Functionality
- Save Custom Participation Report Parameters - Of all the reporting options in CERVIS, the Custom Participation Report is by far the most flexible, most popular, and most commonly used. In this newest version of CERVIS, we have added the ability to save your report parameters for this report. If you regularly run the same report, you know how time consuming it can be to set up the parameters each and every time. Now, you don't have to! Just set up the report, save the parameters for later use, and then come back as often as you need and load your saved parameters with a few simple clicks.
Improved Volunteer Management
- Rotate Volunteer Profile Photos - Have you ever had a volunteer upload their profile photo sideways (or even upside-down) and then you have to look at it that way each time you view their profile? Well, you don't have to just sit there and ignore it any longer. This new version of the software allows you to rotate volunteer profile photos.
- Clear Custom Profile Fields - If you've ever needed to clear out the contents of your volunteers' custom profile fields (either because you want to re-purpose the field or maybe just get a fresh start), then you know what a hassle that could be. This new functionality in CERVIS removes the hassle and allows you to clear out custom data fields (even your sensitive data fields) by using the options in the volunteer bulk update system.
Upgraded System-wide Functionality
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Assorted minor functionality enhancements.
- Numerous performance optimizations.
***Please note, not all new features are available to Basic and Standard Edition customers.***
Article is closed for comments.