CERVIS v5.2.0 - Oct 23, 2015
Please note, not all new features are available to Basic and Standard Edition customers.
Enhanced Volunteer Management
- Segmented Leadership Team Access - Organizations that operate multiple sites will love this brand new functionality. You now have the ability to grant your "Leadership Team" users access to only the specific information that they need access to. Tired of your office staff sending emails to your warehouse volunteers on accident? Annoyed with the managers in your Boston office making changes to events managed by your Chicago branch? Now you can restrict access so that your multi-site personnel only have access to the volunteers and events they need access to.
- Bulk update volunteer attributes - You can now use the Volunteer Bulk Update feature to add skills, equipment, and availability to your volunteers, in addition to the many options previously available.
- Disable volunteer accounts - Most volunteers are great people, but every now and then you may run across one that just can't quite follow the rules or work well with your processes. We have included functionality within this update that will allow you to completely disable a volunteer's account to prevent them from logging in or registering for events.
- U.S. Government / Military postal addresses - For those organizations that provide services in communities with a large U.S. Military presence, you may have run into cases where a volunteer needs to use an APO/FPO/DPO mailing address for their profile. This capability is now available with this update.
Extended Event Management Functionality
- Highlighted / Pinned Events - Worried that volunteers might not notice a special volunteer opportunity in a long list of events? Now you can pin designated opportunities to the top of the event listing page to help ensure it is noticed by your volunteers.
- Service Project Registration Codes - Hidden events have always provided a great capability to allow certain volunteers to register for an event by using a special registration code, while hiding the event from the general public. In the past, this same functionality was not available for your Service Projects. To enhance the volunteer experience across all your volunteer opportunities, you can now send a direct registration code link to your volunteers for all types of events, including Service Projects.
- Event File Attachments - You've always enjoyed the ability to attach files directly to volunteer profiles when needed, but what about similar functionality for an event? The wait is over! This software update gives you the ability to upload file attachments and images directly to your events. Additionally, not only can you now attach files directly to events, but you can also use this functionality to generate a link that allows your volunteers the direct ability to download the file, if desired.
- Event Name Character Limit - If you've ever had the occasional event where you needed the event name to be a little bit longer, you know how frustrating it can be trying to come up with creative abbreviations. We're here to help! You can now use up to 60 characters for an event name.
Improved Reservation Management
- Reservations have a new home - In our continued efforts to improve the logic and overall workflow of CERVIS, we have moved "Reservation Management" on the Main Dashboard from the "Volunteer Management" section to the "Event / Project Management" section. The first time you log in, it may cause you to do a double take, but don't worry, nothing has been removed. All the same functionality (as well as some brand new functionality) has just been moved a few inches over to the right.
- Cleaned up expired reservations - For those of you who heavily use reservations, you know how messy the reservation system can get as time goes on with past reservations still being shown. Well, not any more! As reservations expire, they will automatically be hidden within the reservation management system. If you need to view old reservations, you can still do so, but they won't be in your way unless you specifically need to see them.
- Reservation code contact person - Have you ever gone in to view your reservation codes and can't remember why you created a specific code or who you created it for? Now you have the ability to specify an individual as the "Reservation Contact" when creating or updating your reservation codes to help you know who to contact regarding a specific code.
- Reservation code e-mails - With this update to CERVIS, you can now send out an E-mail message (pre-formatted with the code and instructions) with just a few mouse clicks from the Reservation Management dashboard. You've always been able to do this with registration codes within the system, and now we're adding the functionality for reservation codes as well.
Upgraded System-wide Functionality
- System File Attachments - You've always enjoyed the ability to attach files directly to volunteer profiles when needed, but sometimes you just need to upload a file or image not associated with a particular volunteer or event. This software update gives you the ability to upload file attachments and images directly to your CERVIS account without any relation to volunteer or events. Additionally, not only can you now upload files directly to the system, but you can also use this functionality to generate a link that allows your volunteers the direct ability to download the file, if desired. Ever needed to send a link to a file for your volunteers to download? We've got you covered! Ever needed to send out an image as part of an HTML email message, but found it a hassle to use an external image hosting provider? Now you can do all of this directly within CERVIS.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Numerous performance optimizations.