CERVIS v5.0.0 - May 23, 2015
Please note, not all new features are available to Basic and Standard Edition customers.
External Integration Options
- CRM and Donor Management Integration - Here at CERVIS, we understand that most organizations use many different data management applications to accomplish their daily mission. However, that doesn't mean it has to be difficult to make those systems work together. Now you have the ability to integrate CERVIS directly with your Salesforce CRM account or your Blackbaud eTapestry account. You've always been able to manually import and export data between CERVIS and other systems, but this integration leverages backend API integration functionality to automatically synchronize data between the systems you rely on the most.
- New External Authentication "Single Sign-On" Options - Chances are the majority of your volunteer pool and organization staff have either a Facebook, Google, or Windows Live account, and that they are logged in to those services throughout the day. With this new feature, you can allow administrators and users to login to CERVIS using their Facebook, Google, or Windows Live account. Now, forgotten passwords and locked accounts are a thing of the past. If your organization uses hosted email/productivity services from Google or Microsoft, those accounts work for external authentication as well!
Extended Event Management Functionality
- "On-Demand" Individual Name Tag Printing - Are you tired of pre-printing name tag labels for volunteers that fail to show up for a scheduled shift, or not having a name tag for volunteers that walk-in unscheduled? Welcome to the new "on-demand" name tag printing functionality in CERVIS. Now you have the ability to use DYMO® LabelWriter® series printers to print off individual names tags for volunteers as they sign-in via the CERVIS sign-in console from any computer, tablet or mobile device. Click here for more details.
- Registration Waitlist Capability - If you offer event-based service opportunities that are very popular and fill up quickly, you'll love this new feature! With this functionality, you can simply enable a volunteer waitlist for an event and once registration fills up, volunteers will be given the option to register for the waitlist. If someone unregisters or you add additional slots, then volunteers will automatically be registered from the waitlist.
- Direct Registration Code Link - Hidden events have always provided a great capability to allow certain volunteers to register for an event, while hiding the event from the general public. However, it could be a bit difficult at times because the volunteer could never see the event details and had to follow a list of instructions to register for the event. To enhance the volunteer experience, you can now send a direct registration code link to your volunteers. This will cut down on the number of steps needed to view event details and easily register for the event.
- Saved Event Locations - Are you suffering from repetitive motion injury from typing the same event location each time you create an event? Well CERVIS 5.0 is here to help! Simply create a saved event location when adding or updating an event, then reuse that information time and time again with just a few mouse clicks.
- Event Management "Quick Action" icons - Access to common event management functionality is now easier than ever. Update an event and manage event registration right from the event management dashboard by using the new "Quick Action" icons.
- "Easy Unregister" - The top reason that volunteers fail to notify you that they can no longer participate in an event is because they just don't have time to log in and cancel their registration. With the new "Easy Unregister" functionality, you can choose to include a link in registration confirmation and reminder emails that will allow volunteers to unregister from events with a few clicks from any computer or mobile device.
- Bulk Update Event Date and Time Separately - When performing a bulk update on multiple events, you can now update the event start date separately from the event start time which allows more detailed control of how you manage your events.
- New Custom Participation Report - While CERVIS has always included a sizable array of reporting options to meet the most common reporting needs, sometimes you may need information in a way that was just not available. That's no longer the case in CERVIS 5.0! With this new update, you can run spreadsheet reports to include the exact combination of volunteer and event information that you need. Only need the report for a certain set of volunteers or for a specific event...no problem! Want to report based on advanced volunteer or event searches...we've got you covered there as well.
- Updated Volunteer Activity Summary Report - The volunteer activity summary report has been updated to combine event and service project activity into a single listing. You also have the ability to include a custom image header for your .pdf summary reports to improve the professional appearance of printed summaries.
Enhanced System Usability
- Completely Redesigned System Configuration - The heart of CERVIS lies in the flexibility and customization provided by the numerous options available in the system configuration. With this update, the system configuration has been redesigned to make it easier to find the settings that you're looking for and quickly make updates so you can get back to taking care of your volunteers.
- Visual Improvements Throughout - The visual design of the system has been simplified and enhanced throughout. Text has been shortened and clarified for easier understanding, and the layout has been modified for simpler use. Page transitions and button layouts have been optimized to provide a smoother navigation experience.
- System Fonts - Several new system fonts have been added to allow for more customization and control over how your site looks.
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Various minor performance optimizations.