The reservation management system is a tool for place holding registrations (reserving spots) for individuals who either already have an account in CERVIS or who will be creating a new account to register. This can be used as a supplement or a replacement for the group registration tool. In contrast, the group registration tool will create a specified number of registrations for volunteers from a group without capturing any of the volunteers' information. The reservation system will create placeholder registrations which will be used by volunteers using the reservation code to register for an event. The benefit to this system is the ability to save spots for individuals who will be attending and also capture all of their information at a later date.
To use the reservation system follow the steps below:
- From the main admin dashboard select Reservation Management under the Event/Project Management heading.
- From this menu you can create new reservations and manage old reservations.
- Enter in the name of the code which you would like to create along with a description of that code (this will not be displayed to the volunteers, it is to help you identify the use of the code) the main point of contact that uses the code, and the group you would like associated with the reservation (if any)
- Select Create Reservation. Your new reservation code will appear below and can be managed using the steps for managing an existing code.
- Select the check box next to the existing code that you would like to edit.
- Select the Manage Selected Reservation button.
- From this menu you have the ability to add reservations to a code for specific events and time slots by using the drop down menu and entering in the number of slots you would like to reserve and then selecting Assign Event to Reservation.
- For Time Slot events you will be brought to a second screen where you will select the specific time slot you would like to reserve.
- Existing assigned event reservations can be incremented or decremented using the up and down arrows to the right of the reservation.
- Return to the main Reservation Management menu.
- Click the link icon next to the corresponding reservation code you would like to use and copy reservation code URL.
- This link can be sent out to volunteers that you would like to permit to register directly using a given reservation code.