Requiring verification of your volunteers’ information ensures that your data within CERVIS remains current. By updating this option, the next time each volunteer signs in to register for an event, they will first come to a screen displaying all of the information you have on record, and asking them to verify that it is correct. If their information has changed, then they can update it and proceed with event registration or logging in. Additionally, if you have added any required Fields since they created their profile, the volunteer must answer the required questions while verifying their data.
Once a volunteer has verified their data, they will not be asked to re-verify their data until this option is selected again by a user with "Administrator", "Leadership Team" or "Group Leader" access. For many organizations, this feature is used once a year to ensure that they always have the current contact info and data on their volunteers.
Follow these steps to require volunteer information verification:
- From the CERVIS Main Dashboard, click on the "Search / Manage Volunteer Database" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the page.
- Leaving the search field blank, click the “Search Volunteer Database” button to search for your entire database.
- Click the checkbox in the heading to select all of the volunteers in your database.
- Click the “Bulk Update” button.
- Click the checkbox next to the “Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information” button at the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Select Item(s) to Bulk Update” button.
- Select “Yes” from the drop down next to “Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information” and click “Update Volunteer Information”.
- A warning message will appear on your screen reading: “Are you absolutely certain that you want to change the information listed below for each of the ## Volunteers selected? Require Verification of Volunteer Profile Information: Yes”. You have the option to select "Yes, Proceed with Bulk Update" or "No, Cancel & Return".