How do you view and manage the Volunteer Follow-up screen?
The volunteer follow-up feature provides a central location to manage all volunteer follow-up and to ensure it is actually being completed. It also contains the volunteer’s contact information in one place so it eliminates the need to copy and paste contact information into an E-mail.
Administrators can view every volunteer follow-up that has been assigned in CERVIS. Those with Leadership Team and Group Leader access can only view the follow-ups that have been assigned to them specifically. Follow-ups can only be assigned to those with Administrator, Leadership Team or Group Leader access. Once a follow-up has been completed, it will disappear from the listing. To find what action was taken and what follow-up notes were written, you can view the volunteer’s profile.
Besides manually creating a volunteer follow-up (for more information about this topic please click HERE), the System Configuration also gives you some options for volunteer follow-ups to be automatically created. The options from the System Configuration are listed below:
Auto-Assign Follow-up for New Volunteers: By selecting “Yes,” a volunteer follow-up will automatically be created every time a new volunteer creates a profile. Additionally, the follow-up will be assigned to the person whose name is selected in the box.
Send Auto E-mail Notification of Follow-up Assignment: By selecting “Yes,” an E-mail will automatically be sent to the person who has a new follow-up action assigned to them. The action will notify them of this new follow-up and prompt them to login to CERVIS and complete it. By selecting “No,” the person who has a new follow-up action assigned to them will be notified the next time they log into CERVIS by a red blinking icon at the top of their screen, and not an E-mail.
Interest Category Contact Person Notification Method: By selecting “Assign CERVIS Follow-up,” when a volunteer adds a new Interest Category to their profile, a volunteer follow-up is automatically assigned to the Interest Category Contact Person. To add or update the Interest Category Contact Person, go to the Interest Category Inventory Management section which can be found on the Main Dashboard, under the Attribute Management heading.
Follow these steps to view volunteer follow-up:
- From CERVIS Main Dashboard, select “View/Manage Volunteer Follow-Up” from the Volunteer Management list.
Follow these steps to assign volunteer follow-up:
- From the Follow-Up With field, type the volunteer’s first or last name in the ‘Name Lookup’ box and select the name of a volunteer that requires follow-up.
- From the Follow-Up Assigned To field, type the first or last name in the ‘Name Lookup’ box and select the name of the person that needs to make the follow-up. (For someone’s name to appear in the Follow-Up Assigned To field, their CERVIS Access Level must be Administrator, Leadership Team, or Group Leader.)
- Complete the Follow-up description and select “Assign Follow-Up.”
- The follow-up action is now assigned and when the person who the follow-up was assigned to logs in to CERVIS, they will see a blinking red icon at the top of the screen notifying them that they have a follow-up action assigned to them. They will also receive an E-mail notification of the assigned follow-up action if that option is selected in the System Configuration.
Note: Only people with CERVIS Access Level of Administrator or Leadership Team can assign follow-up actions and view/modify follow-up actions.
Follow these steps to complete a follow-up action that is assigned to you:
To complete a follow-up action that is assigned to you, follow these steps:
- Click on the box next to the name of the person that you have followed-up with.
- Complete the Follow-up notes box.
- Select “Complete Follow-Up Action.”
Follow these steps to reassign a follow-up action to a different administrator:
To reassign a follow-up action to a different administrator, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Re-assign Follow-up" icon ()next to the current administrator to whom the follow-up is assigned.
- Use the Name Lookup field to search for and select the administrator to whom you would like to assign it.
- Select "Reassign Follow-up".