Every organization is unique and has specific requirements for exporting volunteer records. The Custom Spreadsheet tool allows for the creation of custom exports to meet those needs. Whether you are exporting information to your Donor Management Database or for a marketing campaign, you can create saved profiles for easy access to the different ways you want to use your data outside of CERVIS.
There are two built-in spreadsheet options available to you, a Basic Contact Info Spreadsheet and a Full Spreadsheet. The basic export will include the volunteer’s name, email, phone number, and address. Whereas the full export will download almost all of the profile information you have on the volunteer (see the list of possible fields at the bottom of this article).
To CREATE a new custom export, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on “Search / Manage Volunteer Database” under the Volunteer Management heading on the Main Dashboard.
- Click the Spreadsheet button that appears after you perform a search.
- Select “Add New Custom Spreadsheet / Export Profile” from the dropdown where you will be taken into the menu to customize your export.
- Enter a name for your new profile.
- Choose the “Type”. Select ”Private” if you want it to be restricted to administrators, or “Public” if you want it to be available for other staff members as well.
- Choose the fields to include in your export by selecting the checkbox next to each field.
- Note that fields that say “(Disabled)” or “(Unused Custom Field)” are not being tracked in your system and will not appear in the export.
To UPDATE an existing custom profile, select it from the dropdown menu and click the “Update” button. From there, you can modify the name, the type, and any of the fields included in the spreadsheet. Then select “Update Custom Spreadsheet / Export” to save your changes.
To REMOVE a report you no longer need from the list, select it from the dropdown, click the trash can () icon to the right and click the “Delete Custom Spreadsheet / Export” button at the bottom of the page.
The fields listed below will be included when you are downloading the Full Spreadsheet and they will be available to you when choosing fields for a custom export:
- CERVIS ID
- Last Name
- First Name
- Email Address
- Primary Phone
- Alternate Phone
- Age Group
- T-Shirt Size
- Birth Date
- Mailing Address
- Emergency Contact Name
- Emergency Contact Phone
- DoD/Military Installation Access
- CERVIS Access Level
- E-mail Subscription Status
- Confirmation E-mail Subscription Status
- Reminder E-mail Subscription Status
- Thank You E-mail Subscription Status
- Account Status
- Mobile Sign-in Status
- Background Check Status
- Background Check Date
- Liability Waiver/Medical Release Status
- Team Leader Preference
- Terms & Conditions Acceptance Date
- Account Creation Date
- Years of Service
- Last Account Activity Date
- Lifetime Event Count
- Lifetime Hours
- Custom Fields
- Interest Categories
- Group Membership
- Volunteer Notes
Please note, only those fields which you have enabled in the System Configuration will appear in the spreadsheet.