To manually set a temporary password for a volunteer, follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Volunteer Database" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard
- Enter the last name of the volunteer who is unable to login into the search field and click the "Search Volunteer Database" button.
- Once the search results are displayed, click on the “Update Volunteer” icon () to the right of the checkbox for the desired row.
- Enter a temporary password into the "Assign Temporary Password" field near the bottom of the screen. Please note that this field is only available for users with "Administrator" level access to the system and does not require that the password meet complexity requirements.
- Click on the "Update Volunteer Information" button to complete the update.
- Direct the volunteer to attempt to login to the system with the new temporary password.
Please note: When a temporary password is assigned manually, it is not automatically sent to the volunteer. You must either verbally tell the volunteer or generate your own email to let them know about the temporary password. Additionally, a temporary password overrides any current password that the volunteer has set for themselves.