Is it possible for a volunteer to request a password reset without the help of an administrator?
To have the volunteer perform a password reset, follow the steps below:
- Direct the volunteer to visit the page where they are able to attempt to login to the system and have them click on the "Don't Know Password / Reset Password" link, just beneath the "Sign in to CERVIS" button.
- Have the volunteer enter their email address and first name (as listed in their CERVIS account) in the appropriate fields.
- Have the volunteer to click on the "Email Me My Password" button. This will cause the system to generate a new random password for the volunteer's account and send it to them via email.
- If the volunteer does not receive the temporary password within five minutes, they should check their email system junk/spam settings to ensure that all messages from your organizational email address are allowed and try again.
- When they do receive the temporary password email, they should attempt to login to the system again using the new temporary password.
- Once the login is complete, the system will require that they establish a new permanent password based on the password complexity requirements established in your system configuration.
- After a permanent password is established, the volunteer with have access to their CERVIS account.