Is it possible to identify and remove duplicate volunteer records from our account?
Although CERVIS has several measures in place to attempt to prevent the creation of duplicate volunteer records, it may still happen from time to time. To LOCATE possible duplicate records in your account, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Volunteer Database" link under the "Volunteer Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Click the "Find Duplicate Volunteer Profiles" radio button under the "Advanced Options" section of the page.
This will display a listing of all volunteer profiles with a first and last name match.
To MERGE confirmed duplicate records from your account:
- Select the confirmed duplicate profiles by clicking the checkbox to the left of the volunteer record for each row. You may only select 2 records at a time.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and expand the additional options section of the page by clicking on the "Display Additional Options" link.
- Click the "Merge Profiles" button.
- On the merge profiles screen, select the direction of the merge and click the "Merge Volunteer Profiles" button.
- Click the "OK" button at the confirmation prompt to finalize the merge.
To REMOVE duplicate records from your account:
- Click on the "Manage Volunteer" icon (blue (), green (), yellow (), or red () person icon just to the right of the checkbox for the desired row).
- Click the "Delete <volunteer name> from CERVIS" link at the bottom of the screen. Please note that only CERVIS users with the "Administrator" access level will have this option available.
- Click the "Yes, Proceed with Delete" button to confirm the profile deletion. Please note that you will not be able to delete a volunteer profile until they have been unregistered from all events, removed as the event organizer for all events, removed as the group leader for any groups, and removed as the category leader for any interest categories.
Please Note: Once the volunteer profile has been deleted, both profiles will be removed from the duplicate volunteer search list. This does not mean that both profiles have been deleted, but that one profile was deleted and that the other no longer is identified as a possible duplicate.