I would like to configure an event so that only volunteers who meet certain criteria are allow to register. How can I do this?
To restrict event registration based on specified criteria, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event/Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event in question in the list of events in the bottom section of the page and click on the button to "Update / Edit Event".
- Specify the desired restriction criteria. The following options are available:
- Gender -- Tracking of gender must be enabled in the system configuration.
- Age Range -- Tracking of birth date must be enabled in the system configuration.
- Background Check Status -- Tracking of background check status must be enabled in the system configuration.
- Custom Fields
- Checklist Items
- Group Membership
- Click the "Update Event Details" button to complete the action.
Please Note: Restricting event registration based on gender, age, non-hidden custom fields, or public group membership, is not a reliable method to restrict registration for events because the volunteers are able to update those fields to whatever values they would like. To ensure accurate event registration restriction, only hidden custom fields and private groups should be your primary method of restriction because volunteers do not have direct access to view or edit this information for their profiles.