How do I send a registration confirmation email after a volunteer or group has been registered for an event?
It is important to note that when a volunteer self-registers for an event, the system will automatically send an event registration confirmation email to the volunteer. The only time that you must manually send a registration confirmation email is when a CERVIS user with the "Administrator", "Leadership Team", "Group Leader", or "Event Leader" access level completes the registration on behalf of the volunteer. To manually send an event registration confirmation email, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Search/Manage Existing Events" link under the "Event/Project Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Locate the event you are looking for in the bottom section of the screen and click on the "Register Volunteers/Groups" icon ().
- Place a checkmark in the checkbox(es) to the left of the registered volunteer(s) or group(s) in the bottom section of the screen.
- Click either the "Send Manual Confirmation E-mail" button or the "Send Automatic Confirmation E-mail" button.
- For the "Send Manual Confirmation E-mail" button you will be redirected to the "Send Volunteer E-mail" screen which will be pre-populated with the registration confirmation message and the recipient information. For group registrations the confirmation will be addressed to the Primary and Alternate group leaders. Add additional recipients and customize the message body as desired.
- Note: Because the confirmation email is customized to each volunteer, you may only select one volunteer or one group for this option.
- For the "Send Automatic Confirmation E-mail" button you can select multiple volunteers or groups and the confirmation message will be sent immediately without presenting the option to edit the text.