There are three things that must be done for a volunteer to be able to manage a group within CERVIS.
First, make sure that the volunteer has the link to the correct CERVIS login page. The volunteer must log in to the system using the same login page that is used for Administrative access. The volunteer will use the same email address and password that has been established for their volunteer account, but if they log in via the normal volunteer login page, they will not be able to manage a group.
Second, assign the volunteer as the "Pri or Alt Group Leader" for the group.
- Login to your CERVIS account.
- Click on the "Group Management" link under the "Attribute Management" section of the Main Dashboard.
- Select the check box to the left of the group that you want to assign the volunteer to.
- Click the "Update Selected Group" button.
- In the top section of the screen, start typing the volunteer's last name in the "Name Lookup" field next to either the Pri or Alt Group Leader field. Once the volunteer's name appears in the list, select it.
- Click the "Update Group" button to save the volunteer as a leader of the group.
Third, if you would like for them to have more access to their group you can assign them "Group Leader" access. CLICK HERE to learn more.